Line 6 POD Express

Firmware update as well! I think it needs to be updated before it will connect as it wasn't recognizing the pedal via USB on my iPhone:

v2.0

Features

• New Global Setting: Knob Behavior - Allows you to choose whether holding the ALT button and turning an FX Knob controls the silver-labeled Amp parameters (default) or selects an effect model and adjusts its settings.
  • New Global Setting: Volume Wheel Control - Allows you to choose whether the device's Volume Thumbwheel controls the Headphone and Main 1/4" Outputs (default) or only the Headphone Output.
Improvements

• When holding ALT+TAP the LED ring will indicate the currently selected Cabinet.
Bug Fixes

• Looper halts when using an expression pedal - FIXED
  • Smart FX values may not be recalled correctly after preset save - FIXED
  • Preset list conflicts between changing presets locally and with external footswitches - FIXED
  • POD Express Bass: Studio amp Gain parameter adjusts Drive instead of Gain - FIXED

Ok updated and ran through a few things with the app. They pretty much addressed all the things "power users" wanted:
  • You can now have the knobs control the amp tonestack by default and use "alt" for fx instead
  • You can adjust sync (or free time) independently for fx - so now slow phaser and faster delay is possible
  • You can adjust the width of the tremolo so it's actually usable ;)
Fantastic update!

I seriously considered buying a 2nd stomp just so i wouldn’t have to get my white one dirty on the floor

Nope. POD Express' Cabs are fixed IRs. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the memory for tens of thousands of IRs to accommodate mic selection, position, and distance per cab.
What position are the IRs fixed at? Cap edge?

And what mic are they using?

Loving it! Nice job L6!:banana

Now, if we could just get long press capability for FS3 & FS4 to control the other 2 fx devices, that'd be SWEEEETTT!:rawk

Sick. I’m on vacation and brought a guitar and my POD Express. While I was fiddling around with the POD, I thought “damn I hope this editor is released sooner rather than later.” Had I checked here, I would’ve seen it was out!

Back