Let's play Guess That Genre!

Ok, let’s continue…

DBA73F96-8806-45B0-BA59-2D6C61BC9E2C.jpeg

What genre might be played with it?

Can you guess the venues this rig frequents?

What kind of attendees are in the audience?

What kind of shoes is the guitarist wearing?

Not bashing him, bashing the goofballs that have a $10k Sunday rig.

In all honesty, it's fun looking at the church spaceships. One of my good friends after we stopped playing in a gigging band became a church guitarist and totally went down the Instagram rabbit hole. He's got a $5k PRS into about $5k worth of Strymons and boutique drive pedals.

All for 3 songs. :facepalm

I think it is mostly about about the Sunday AM flex.... like the clothes you are wearing, how long you can speak in
tongues, keep your hands in the air, and the car you drive into the parking lot. It's all very, very performative.

Guess Jeebus likes that kind of ritual.

All for 3 songs. :facepalm

I think it is mostly about about the Sunday AM flex.... like the clothes you are wearing, how long you can speak in
tongues, keep your hands in the air, and the car you drive into the parking lot. It's all very, very performative.

Guess Jeebus likes that kind of ritual.
I’m Catholic, so it’s usually an old woman, fumbling around the keys of a pipe organ while while the rest of the geriatrics sing out of tune.

I’m Catholic, so it’s usually an old woman, fumbling around the keys of a pipe organ while while the rest of the geriatrics sing out of tune.
Seems legit, at least over here in central EU.

I'm 40, grew up somewhat catholic because it's "normal" and parents back then were afraid of letting their kids stick out from the crowd.

To be fair, my dad is muslim. Both him and my mom never cared much for religion, neither did I. Also I personally didn't ever experience anything "bad" from the local church, or catch weird creep vibes, or anything.

I just found it really boring, and perceived Sunday services like a weird hobby for old people and rich folks to "clean" their reputation in their local community.

Probably went to mass 10-15 times as a kid, then dropped out when I was 16 or something.

You do you, as long as you don't hurt anyone, I guess. 🤷‍♂️ Nothing wrong with that, imho.

Back