Do Something - Season Four - Week better EIGHT than never

I better get that Recording Goatlord Tag now :hmm

80S Throwback Thursday GIF

This is one of those "had some really, really cool inspiration... then it went away and I lost my way and... whatevs..." tracks.

You should lose your way more often? :rofl
I just listened to this again and love all the changes.
What's your tone rundown if you don't mind?

Thanks JT!

Don't forget to subscribe and smash that like button!! :rofl :rofl

Nah seriously, I can't do Satch justice without a bit of melody in there. He's a good teacher with that.
How are you doing that fast run at the end ?

How are you doing that fast run at the end ?
Alternate picking. There are actually 3 guitars, L, R, and Main one up the center all playing the same notes, kind of like Shawn Lane did on P.o.T. album. It's not something I normally do a lot (because it's not my strong suit :rofl). I have to be really warmed up and all engines in perfect sync or it'll fall apart. I can do shorter runs like the example in the song, but nothing longer like JP or Gilbert for example. I'm more comfortable with legato, and hybrid or economy picking.
The lick is totally not a Satch thing, which is why I put it at the end, lol.

@PLX
Forgot to mention I used my '77 Artist on all the lead, melody lines. It plays very fast which makes doing the cleaner alternate picking a bit more bearable. I should play it more to be honest. It's a shorter Gibson scale which I don't use often, and I can hear a few of my bends go sharp in the track. :rofl Oh well!

1977-Artist.jpeg

@PLX
Forgot to mention I used my '77 Artist on all the lead, melody lines. It plays very fast which makes doing the cleaner alternate picking a bit more bearable. I should play it more to be honest. It's a shorter Gibson scale which I don't use often, and I can hear a few of my bends go sharp in the track. :rofl Oh well!
I've always been a fan of Satriani, but I struggle to play like that.

My guitar teacher sent me a video a while back to try to help me figure out "Hordes Of Locusts".. but I can't help thinking, we will continue to suffer as long as the locusts are not contained. :cop

I've always been a fan of Satriani, but I struggle to play like that.

My guitar teacher sent me a video a while back to try to help me figure out "Hordes Of Locusts".. but I can't help thinking, we will continue to suffer as long as the locusts are not contained. :cop

Love that track. I still have all his tab books up to Crystal Planet I think? His legato is very distinctive and not easy to do.
I wish I could say I learned everything note for note but... :oops:. In a way I'm glad I didn't try to mimic everything, although it's still hard to hide your influences.

Love that track. I still have all his tab books up to Crystal Planet I think? His legato is very distinctive and not easy to do.
I wish I could say I learned everything note for note but... :oops:. In a way I'm glad I didn't try to mimic everything, although it's still hard to hide your influences.
All the tabs I'm finding on this are sketchy, at best.

If you watch Joe play it live, it's not like any of the tabs. :facepalm

Back