Leon Todd

@Jarick I'm using the elixirs (which are back in production now) on my SC245 but have been trying DR's on everything else. I've got blues on the strat and LP and either the DDT or dragon skins on the other guitars. It's been fun trying a lot of strings recently and kinda geeking out over a very overlooked aspect of how a guitar sounds and feels.

@jdel77 hope the boogies are treating you well!

Being located so far apart, have you ever met anyone from the Fractal team in person? If so, any stories? If not, might it happen someday?

Have you ever gone fossiking in Lightning Ridge?
I wish! I did recently make a trip to the Dinosaurs of patagonia exhibit at the new WA museum which rekindled my childhood interest in Dinosaurs. Opals are my favourite gemstone so LR is the perfect crossover.

Being located so far apart, have you ever met anyone from the Fractal team in person? If so, any stories? If not, might it happen someday?
I got to meet a bunch of the team, including Cliff and Matt, at Axe-Fest in 2019. Cliff had cookies he was doling out. I ended up staying with Matt and his family for a few days which was a blast as well. Everyone was lovely in person and the company has a real family vibe about it.

I got to meet a bunch of the team, including Cliff and Matt, at Axe-Fest in 2019. Cliff had cookies he was doling out. I ended up staying with Matt and his family for a few days which was a blast as well. Everyone was lovely in person and the company has a real family vibe about it.
Wow, that's really cool! I didn't know that. Were you already in the states, or did you plan the trip to coincide with that event?

A little bit of both. I got asked to come over and my wife and i had been looking into heading back to catch up with her family so we managed to make it work out. The Dallas Guitar Show was on a week or so later so I got to check that out and meet a bunch of people I knew from the internet which was great fun.

Great french fan of your videos here, especially when you review "dusty" effects (Yamaha Symphony, Boss OD20 were great ones for eg.)
Is it your cat on the avatar pic ? If "yes" watch out, I think he tries to mimic you doing a solo.

Hello Leon, I'm curious to know what your top 5 filth pedals are in FAS ?
Cheers
I'll give you 5 of my favourites in the box and then 5 hardware units that I think complement the Axe :p

FAS drives;
- Griddle Cake. Versatile but still with it's own flavour. So glad they added it as it's one of my favourite real world drives.
- Octave Distortion. Nasty and disgusting in all the right ways. Ultimate character tones!
- Klone Chiron. Is Klon. Is good.
- Face fuzz. Pair with a Plexi and some delay for the EJ thing. Pair with a Recto for Doom.
- CC Boost & Grinder in the amp block. Not technically drives but they're my go to boosts!

5 real drive/filth pedals I love sticking in front of the Axe.
- Source Audio Ultrawave. Does standard fuzz stuff all the way through to synth style waveshaping/trem stuff. Stereo is a bonus.
- Way Huge Atriedes. Like a POG and a Swollen Pickle had a meth-baby.
- Crowther Hot Cake. See Griddle Cake above.
- Crazy Tube Circuits Super Conductor. Rangemaster/Echoplex pre/Microamp/Super hard On in one pedal. Love it into a Marshall.
- Anarchy Audio Vagiant. My first fuzz and the first pedal I ever demo'd. Made by one of my mates here in Perth too.

I'll give you 5 of my favourites in the box and then 5 hardware units that I think complement the Axe :p

FAS drives;
- Griddle Cake. Versatile but still with it's own flavour. So glad they added it as it's one of my favourite real world drives.
- Octave Distortion. Nasty and disgusting in all the right ways. Ultimate character tones!
- Klone Chiron. Is Klon. Is good.
- Face fuzz. Pair with a Plexi and some delay for the EJ thing. Pair with a Recto for Doom.
- CC Boost & Grinder in the amp block. Not technically drives but they're my go to boosts!

5 real drive/filth pedals I love sticking in front of the Axe.
- Source Audio Ultrawave. Does standard fuzz stuff all the way through to synth style waveshaping/trem stuff. Stereo is a bonus.
- Way Huge Atriedes. Like a POG and a Swollen Pickle had a meth-baby.
- Crowther Hot Cake. See Griddle Cake above.
- Crazy Tube Circuits Super Conductor. Rangemaster/Echoplex pre/Microamp/Super hard On in one pedal. Love it into a Marshall.
- Anarchy Audio Vagiant. My first fuzz and the first pedal I ever demo'd. Made by one of my mates here in Perth too.
Hey Leon! If/When you use a fractal unit live, do you use analog gear along with it (such as any of the pedals listed above)? Thanks!

Hello Leon love that Axe-Fx III Aurora Delay, is that a FAS Original or is based / modelled on a other pedal ?

Cheers !

Back