Leon Todd

Leon ,one thing I would like to see if an episode on control switches and setting them up momentary
Things like the EVH flanger that you hold the switch to get the sweep and then release to turn it off
Maybe a few of these switches
One you hold to do like
a slicer/kill switch
The EVH flanger
A harmony lead so you could have it just on just certain notes or bends and release

Have you ever dabbled with this function and would it work ?
I've done a few videos on the g66 channel going into control switch applications, including the momentary EVH Flanger, whammy ricochet and other fun noises. This is my favourite one though.

One thing I have NEVER seen in any FM videos is configuring any sort of meaningful footswitching on the device itself.

There is probably a reason for that :oops: :brick :cuss:rofl

Meaningful footswitching is a pretty open-ended request. What is meaningful to me may not matter to you or anyone else. What are some examples of things you want to be able to do?

Given your experience with Boss stuff, one thing I think that is different for you (and a lot of folks) is being used to configuring all of the footswitch functionality solely via some sort of footswitch view - Boss and Line 6 work like this. IOW, you go to the footswitch view on the device or editor and you can assign a footswitch to the amp boost. And I agree that this makes sense.

In the Fractal world, the way you do this is to configure this in the Amp block itself. You go to the amp boost parameter and add a modifier (right click on it in the editor). From there you can pick a whole slew of things to configure it including a control switch which can be placed on any foot controller layout you want. Another way to do this on a Fractal is to use Amp channels - channel A is no boost, channel B is boosted. You can then configure a foot switch to change amp channels.

Every time I sit down and think "i should get the extra camera out for this" I turn on FM-edit and go "nah, this is too easy and i can spend more time on a Boogie model going chugchugchug"
I'm with you 100% on this :bag:satan
Haha! JT gets out his guitar and goes all......

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :beer

Don't kid yourself. My guitar playing time at home is split between trying to poorly impersonate Devin Townsend playing bad thrash riffs and trying to sound like 90s EVH tone playing bad death metal riffs :sofa :rofl
Meaningful footswitching is a pretty open-ended request. What is meaningful to me may not matter to you or anyone else. What are some examples of things you want to be able to do?

Given your experience with Boss stuff, one thing I think that is different for you (and a lot of folks) is being used to configuring all of the footswitch functionality solely via some sort of footswitch view - Boss and Line 6 work like this. IOW, you go to the footswitch view on the device or editor and you can assign a footswitch to the amp boost. And I agree that this makes sense.

In the Fractal world, the way you do this is to configure this in the Amp block itself. You go to the amp boost parameter and add a modifier (right click on it in the editor). From there you can pick a whole slew of things to configure it including a control switch which can be placed on any foot controller layout you want. Another way to do this on a Fractal is to use Amp channels - channel A is no boost, channel B is boosted. You can then configure a foot switch to change amp channels.
Really; an on device demonstration of ANY footswitch configuration would be a welcome thing. Whether it's setting up scene controllers to change a boatload of parameters or using control switches attached to single assignable item in a given block. Seeing how it's done ON DEVICE (while it might be boring visually) would be great. I know even now it's still "just use the editor!" but sometimes; I just don't want to do that.

Of course; I don't own anything FAS right now. Just thinking out loud.

:bag :rofl

I've done a few videos on the g66 channel going into control switch applications, including the momentary EVH Flanger, whammy ricochet and other fun noises. This is my favourite one though.

That’s really cool 😎
So one question have you figured out how to do a Slicer type thing
In the recent gift of tone Chris Traynor has a switch on the guitar
That does that killswitch cut in/ out
Chopping thing ,
Would you do that with a volume / bypass combo OR a Trem / sequencer that would give you almost a pattern trem effect attached to a momentary controller

Given your experience with Boss stuff, one thing I think that is different for you (and a lot of folks) is being used to configuring all of the footswitch functionality solely via some sort of footswitch view - Boss and Line 6 work like this.
The only footswitch view Helix has is the Command Center, and that's most often relegated to mapping MIDI commands, QWERTY hotkeys, etc. to external gear. Quick-assigning footswitches to blocks is done from the home screen (select desired block > touch-hold desired switch > confirm), but if you want to dig in, you can also manually map things from the Bypass Assign and/or Controller Assign screens, which are also block-centric, not footswitch-centric.

Hey Leon, I’m curious about the G66 channel. I’m assuming you are a paid artist of theirs, creating content for the channel. Is that correct? My real question is - are you required to create a certain number of videos at a certain cadence, and do they have to be a certain length, etc.? And does this take the fun out of it for you, having to come up with new content all the time within certain parameters? You are always so cheerful and look like you‘re having fun, so just curious about this aspect of the business. 😊

I'm with you 100% on this :bag:satan

Don't kid yourself. My guitar playing time at home is split between trying to poorly impersonate Devin Townsend playing bad thrash riffs and trying to sound like 90s EVH tone playing bad death metal riffs :sofa :rofl

Really; an on device demonstration of ANY footswitch configuration would be a welcome thing. Whether it's setting up scene controllers to change a boatload of parameters or using control switches attached to single assignable item in a given block. Seeing how it's done ON DEVICE (while it might be boring visually) would be great. I know even now it's still "just use the editor!" but sometimes; I just don't want to do that.

Of course; I don't own anything FAS right now. Just thinking out loud.

:bag :rofl

All in good fun. :beer

Oh, and Miles Davis , in my opinion, the most tasteful instrumental soloist of all time. Not a damn thing wrong
with trumpet. Notes are notes. :chef

It is challenging to chord on brass, though, unless you have a dude with an horn standing on each side of you. ;)

@Fireproof the only point of direction is to release a video once per week, otherwise it's more or less free range tone wrangling. I do try keep those videos a little more focused on a specific topic to contrast against the "here's some cool stuff" videos I do on my channel.

@Fireproof the only point of direction is to release a video once per week, otherwise it's more or less free range tone wrangling. I do try keep those videos a little more focused on a specific topic to contrast against the "here's some cool stuff" videos I do on my channel.
Very cool. Sounds like a great arrangement - and you do a great job at it. Keep it up.

@2112 Im curious what exactly is your go to "TV something" IR that i often see you use in Fractal Vids ?

Cheers

Pretty sure it is this kind of Marshall cab, @Stone

1671056724028.png

I believe Leon has dished the dirt on it in a vid or two. A blend of
mics, as I recall. 57-121? Leon will chime in. I love it. Use it a bunch
here. :chef

@2112 Hey Leon I have an idea for new video Leon Todd plays through
GOT presets like the York , Devin
Synster. Might be kind of fun
You could even play the theme for GOT game of thrones
Joking about last one but I think it would be kind of cool to hear the presets through your rig and you hands
I know you have played through the Austin Buddy stuff before I think this would be kind of cool

Back