Leon Todd

I've thoroughly enjoyed it to date. Keep them coming!
I've been digging into the Ragdoll catalog (including the live stuff) and I'm really enjoying it. In case I missed it earlier in the thread, have you guys started working towards a new album yet?

Yeah we've got quite a bit tracked for a new release but haven't made much progress on it recently. The pandemic gave me some time to revisit some old live recordings and get them mixed and released, and we did some "live from isolation" style recordings, but between gigs and general life stuff it hasn't been a priority. Hopefully we can get some international shows lined up again soon and when we do we'll drop some new stuff to tie in with it.

Yeah we've got quite a bit tracked for a new release but haven't made much progress on it recently. The pandemic gave me some time to revisit some old live recordings and get them mixed and released, and we did some "live from isolation" style recordings, but between gigs and general life stuff it hasn't been a priority. Hopefully we can get some international shows lined up again soon and when we do we'll drop some new stuff to tie in with it.

Dude, you have to release this. This song is so awesome!

And screw you for having that dude as your singer! :rofl

@hippietim it should be on all the streaming platforms and our Bandcamp.

I really, really enjoyed putting that version together. I love the pastoral acoustic stuff that rock bands in the 70s would dabble in so it was fun to indulge with that vibe.

Dude, you have to release this. This song is so awesome!

And screw you for having that dude as your singer! :rofl

That was spectacular. Excellent mood and vibe, waiting for that outro vocal belting and was not disappointed :satan Great track LT \m/

On another note; as THE purveyor of dual detune; always....

What standalone Boss pedal can do the same things I love about it in the GT/SY series? Looked at their chorus and pitch shift pedals but not seeing what I am thinking I am looking for? I dig the FAS and L6 stuff to a degree but the Boss is my fave and I would love to have it as a standalone add-on to whatever rig of the day I am futzing with.

@JiveTurkey I do have a soft spot for the way BOSS does dual detune on the GT and the older SE series. I think either the PS5 or PS6 does detune?

@Fireproof thanks man. That song was definitely a silver lining from some darker times myself. Hang in there mate.

@Stone I've got a few more HX vids coming over the next few weeks with some free presets.

I've got a few more HX vids coming over the next few weeks with some free presets.
For sure Ill check them out im subscribed with alerts

1664721319184.png

@JiveTurkey I do have a soft spot for the way BOSS does dual detune on the GT and the older SE series. I think either the PS5 or PS6 does detune?

@Fireproof thanks man. That song was definitely a silver lining from some darker times myself. Hang in there mate.

@Stone I've got a few more HX vids coming over the next few weeks with some free presets.
I looked at the PS5 but seemed as if everyone was doing videos trying to make their guitars sound like robot voices with it :wat I'll dig into the PS6.

Looks like the PS6 is the Boss way to go from what I am seeing. Thank you sir :beer

This is maybe an odd observation; but your singer (and maybe it's the vocal line in that song?) reminds me of a baritone Rik Emmet with a hint of Dio if he was trying to be bluesy and soulful vs. chasing down a dragon. Seriously. Great stuff.

Last edited:
So dug in a bit and ran across your micropitch video. Just might do the trick :guiness:satan

Oh yeah of course! Doubles up as a very good delay too.

Leon id like to know your thoughts on Polyhia's Scott Lepage and Tim Henson

They're fun, and IMO I think players of any skill level could get something out of learning some parts of their tunes. Tim gets a lot of the headlines but Scott is super talented as well.

Of course; this vid piqued my interest :love Sounds are great,

Is it wired directly to a 13pin jack? I believe @hippietim has one of these pickups as well? Not sure if he has it installed yet?

Of course; this vid piqued my interest :love Sounds are great,

Is it wired directly to a 13pin jack? I believe @hippietim has one of these pickups as well? Not sure if he has it installed yet?

i totally stole the entire concept from @hippietim .The pickup connects to a small pcb breakout board and then to a 13 pin jack. That goes to the main breakout box where you can split individual string outs, have a GK out or pitch-midi out. Pretty nifty.

i totally stole the entire concept from @hippietim .The pickup connects to a small pcb breakout board and then to a 13 pin jack. That goes to the main breakout box where you can split individual string outs, have a GK out or pitch-midi out. Pretty nifty.
It’s a 19 pin cable from the guitar to the box.

@2112 - I was watching your video on the DR Blues strings. Did you switch from Elixirs to DR's? I seem to recall you had some issues due to supply shortages. What strings are you using now and how are you liking them?

Back