Leon Todd

Which of the first 2 Lynch Mob albums is your favorite and why? (It's like one of those questions that haunts your dreams)

Yup love Lynch Mob, George sure can rip with the best of them
but this is where were at ...

1663428341990.png

1663428384682.png

:cuss:cuss:cuss

Wtf????!??!
"I wonder if there's a band I could listen with better singing than Dokken but with songs that are much worse? I know! Lynch Mob!"

To be fair; my patience with this type of music was razor thin. I certainly could appreciate the talent but I would take a thrash/speed metal offshoot (or 3rd tier act of said genre, for that matter) 10/10 over some C*ck rock side project that I was already at the point of borderline barfing from the downfall of the main band involved; let the alone the "new band". I needed the ceiling of heaviness to be higher and it never was :rofl

See also Mr. Big :barfBadlands:barf etc. etc.

"I wonder if there's a band I could listen with better singing than Dokken but with songs that are much worse? I know! Lynch Mob!"

To be fair; my patience with this type of music was razor thin. I certainly could appreciate the talent but I would take a thrash/speed metal offshoot (or 3rd tier act of said genre, for that matter) 10/10 over some C*ck rock side project that I was already at the point of borderline barfing from the downfall of the main band involved; let the alone the "new band". I needed the ceiling of heaviness to be higher and it never was :rofl

Say what you mean. It’s still unclear. 😂

I watched a 9 minute clip of Nuno doing instrumental stuff last night. Dude was BLAZING but I never paid any attention back in the day because I didn't want to watch Cherone or listen to the Extreme songs. Maybe not an appropriate name? :columbo

I'm with you, in a way.
I'm not a metalhead or really into pure metal (I love metallica, Megadeth, a lot prog metal stuff and a lot of the classic heavy metal).

I've skipped the whole 80s hair metal/guitar heroes back then and still today even if been in cover band and played my share of that stuff (whitesnake, mr big, motely cruem, def leppard, europe :idk, skid row, etc). I admit some of those songs were fun to play live, though.

What I dislike most are the melodies, the abuse of harmonized vocal and the overall 80s sound.

I'm with you, in a way.
I'm not a metalhead or really into pure metal (I love metallica, Megadeth, a lot prog metal stuff and a lot of the classic heavy metal).

I've skipped the whole 80s hair metal/guitar heroes back then and still today even if been in cover band and played my share of that stuff (whitesnake, mr big, motely cruem, def leppard, europe :idk, skid row, etc). I admit some of those songs were fun to play live, though.

What I dislike most are the melodies, the abuse of harmonized vocal and the overall 80s sound.
You know who I actually loathed back then who I came around to? Europe. I HATED them when they came out. Because why wouldn't you as an awkward Slayer loving teenager :bag :rofl :satan

They were in the soundtrack to the movie Hot Rod here a decade plus ago and it was perfect fit for the movie. That plus John Norum/Kee Marcello are INSNAE guitar players. So even the foofy stuff can be killer \m/

I like singing. Just not over hair metal that jumped the shark 3 years prior:knit

Imagine how tough that '89-'91 period was when you are trying to repurpose yourself and your career,
and get out of the hairspray and makeup and then Grunge happens, and the Black album drops. Holy
fuck!

At one point my two favourite albums, that I listened to daily, were Facelift and Wicked Sensation.
Good music and playing is good music and playing. 😊

Imagine how tough that '89-'91 period was when you are trying to repurpose yourself and your career,
and get out of the hairspray and makeup and then Grunge happens, and the Black album drops. Holy
f**k!

At one point my two favourite albums, that I listened to daily, were Facelift and Wicked Sensation.
Good music and playing is good music and playing. 😊
Agreed. Even when I may vary from that general stance :beer

Back