Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

FWIW, the first time I played "Cliffs Of Dover" on Guitar Hero 3 it took me a minute before I realized it wasn't the original version/EJ playing it. I'm not sure if @Ed DeGenaro did ALL the guitars on there, but you can find isolated tracks all over YouTube that people think are the actual album tracks and unless you're a diehard fan or a guitar/production nerd, you'd be hard pressed to tell.

I haven't followed along enough to see what everyone's take on this tiered bullshit is, but mark my words, within the next 5 years you're going to start seeing things like-

Tier 1 - 1 cool feature, several bullshit features no one cares about
Tier 2 - 2 cool features, several more bullshit features that 50% dig and 50% DGAF about
Tier 3 - 2 cool features, 1 mega awesome feature that's a "game changer" for the pedal, all the bullshit features

....when you can just skip all the bullshit features meant as filler material and put everything out in one update for a cheaper price.

So, cheers and hats off to Tier 1- Memory huMan Delay, 5 captures of Boss Aluminum Zone gain on 10, 1 new soft button LED color

mark hoppus hats off GIF by blink-182

Cool. Then you have evidence you can present to support this.

I don't have any figures that breakdown touring live versus home players. I don't even really know why you'd make the distinction, other than snobbery against people who don't play live.

I would cite this page:

There's obviously a lot of variability here, and it doesn't go into live versus non-live usage. But again, I don't even think that is relevant. Quite clearly, Kemper is in there, for sure. But not top dog. Not even 2nd dog.
If you have searched, then you know that there are not available market studies on this subject. I do love your argument slant and goal post moving though.

My contention (again for those that missed it completely): Kemper does not sound bad as Orvillain has time and again stated. I support this contention not simply because I have ears that work, but with the assertion that it is the most used touring digital amp rig. Touring live musicians and their sound crew would hardly be willing to live with Kemper if it sounded so awful and therefore ....... catch this ..... IT DOES'T SOUND BAD.

A quick google brought this up though: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ands-i-go-see-in-concert-use-a-kemper.193775/

Evidentially, even in a Fractal forum it is acknowledged that MANY live touring musicians use Kemper.

Another thread full of touring users here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...use-kemper-which-version-do-they-use.2489257/

I could keep going (and going) to make my point; however, I hope I got it done this time and that there will be much less slippery slidey dodging around the point after this.

Kemper doesn't sound bad at all. It is among the best digital guitar amps in virtually every article written since it was introduced and is used by tons of very prolific touring musicians world wide. Saying things like "Kemper sounds terrible" completely eliminates the credibly of the poster placing their rantings squarely into the "Just move on, there is nothing useful to read here" category.

FYI, go down to New Orleans and do some bar hopping. Do the same thing in Memphis. Do the same thing in Austin. You'll see lots of Kempers being used in the live venues.

I do agree, you will ALSO see some fractals, a good number of Helix, and a few QC's.

FWIW, by Orvillain's logic (highest seller of all time list), then the Digitech RP series is likely the best foot controller ever made by man and must sound amazing!

Finally, as I posted last time, why are we talking about decaffeinated coffee again?

Someone please explain to me if you believe that the Kemper Player in the following forms is worth the money and what kind of user it would be worth that money for vs all other potential purchases:

1) Kemper Player
2) Plus L2 upgrade
3) Plus L3 upgrade

FWIW, I agree that a used Kemper Stage is a way better investment if you can deal with the larger form factor, but I think Kemper is looking at the value proposition ONLY within their own product line (which is stupid as well IMO).

I thought I was clowning about it being Guitar Hero 3 🤣

Hahah nope.

Ed could swing a huge dick around if he wanted to; Guitar Hero 3 was the top grossing game of all time until, I believe GTA V unseated it. I personally know 2 people that started playing guitar because of that specific game and how much we played it at parties at my place in Massachusetts. Kind of like everyone has heard Tim Pierce or Steve Lukather without knowing it, millions have heard Ed without knowing it's Ed. Hell, I first 'met' him via HRI around the time he was probably recording the songs ('05) and didn't even know he did it until years later.

Hahah nope.

Ed could swing a huge dick around if he wanted to; Guitar Hero 3 was the top grossing game of all time until, I believe GTA V unseated it. I personally know 2 people that started playing guitar because of that specific game and how much we played it at parties at my place in Massachusetts. Kind of like everyone has heard Tim Pierce or Steve Lukather without knowing it, millions have heard Ed without knowing it's Ed. Hell, I first 'met' him via HRI around the time he was probably recording the songs ('05) and didn't even know he did it until years later.
Oh for sure!

Who doesn't love GH. Although later in it's run RockBand was where it was at imo(and I guess there is still a decent scene for it).

But yeah it was a great introduction to guitar for many (and still is)

Oh for sure!

Who doesn't love GH. Although later in it's run RockBand was where it was at imo(and I guess there is still a decent scene for it).

But yeah it was a great introduction to guitar for many (and still is)

I can't play GH for shiiiiiiiiiiiitt. My ex-wife and I initially got together as a result of her wiping the floor with me while shittalking me the whole time.

Thankfully, Rockband was released and I got to redeem myself with the drums and vocals. :rofl

I’ve never played Guitar Hero. I had been playing the real thing for about 5-6 years when it came out. 😂

Dang top 3 are NDSP
for all the jokes about NDSP, and their culture , the tones are fairly solid , I was thinking Nano but at this point honestly thats $799 CAD I could just Timbuck till the holidays and grab a full QC depending on where they are and what plugins get released . WongX just came out so I suspect PetrucciX soon , the folks working on porting are going to have to kick its up a notch

FWIW, the first time I played "Cliffs Of Dover" on Guitar Hero 3 it took me a minute before I realized it wasn't the original version/EJ playing it. I'm not sure if @Ed DeGenaro did ALL the guitars on there, but you can find isolated tracks all over YouTube that people think are the actual album tracks and unless you're a diehard fan or a guitar/production nerd, you'd be hard pressed to tell.

I haven't followed along enough to see what everyone's take on this tiered bullshit is, but mark my words, within the next 5 years you're going to start seeing things like-

Tier 1 - 1 cool feature, several bullshit features no one cares about
Tier 2 - 2 cool features, several more bullshit features that 50% dig and 50% DGAF about
Tier 3 - 2 cool features, 1 mega awesome feature that's a "game changer" for the pedal, all the bullshit features

....when you can just skip all the bullshit features meant as filler material and put everything out in one update for a cheaper price.

So, cheers and hats off to Tier 1- Memory huMan Delay, 5 captures of Boss Aluminum Zone gain on 10, 1 new soft button LED color

mark hoppus hats off GIF by blink-182
sadly yes , like car trim packages
you want the sunroof but its only available in the luxury trim and have 5 other things you don't want or need , but have to pay for .

Thats why I love individual purchases , like Digitech used to have the IStomp many years ago , loaded up one effect , but you could pick which one you wanted and you could purchase individual pedals not in packages

if there was something like that . let say for Line6 and you could buy 10 amps and not have 50 m I would be fine with that
same with effects , I don't need 8 fuzz pedals , I don't want a ring mod . a couple of delays I would be fine
Thats I think would be cool buying individual block to put into a brain unit essentially

I was pretty good at Guitar Hero 1/2/3 but it got to a point where if I wanted to get better it would take away time from me playing real guitar. Why excel in one thing when you can be mediocre at heaps of things.

And yeah plenty of non guitar players generally smoked "us". It was like the Tony Hawk / Street Fighter 2 of music games... you wouldn't believe the craze unless you lived it :rofl

1728128343321.png

I just don't get this logic.

Being annoyed/frustrated/insulted/titilated that Kemper are charging £550 for the base unit and then £300 on top to unlock full functionality.... that is unacceptable.

But being "ROYALLY pissed off" that someone else gets a good deal now at $700, purely because you paid more 6 years ago??

No sense, makey.

Hahah nope.

During my prime teaching years GH3 and later Rock Band were at their peak and I will say those games brought in a ton of new students for me monthly. At one point, one of the stores I worked at had a waiting list. Definitely a lot of them only lasted a month or two once they realized guitar was a lot more than 4 buttons and a paddle, but I bet you there was a 1 in 4 success rate for those who stuck with it.

Both games had a huge impact on growing and expanding the industry, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was even larger than what Covid did. We can hold our noses up all we want (*cough* @Orvillain) and I get it, cause I used to also, but it was pretty cool watching kids minds be blown when they could finally play along with the songs on a guitar, after twiddling on a controller.

Both games had a huge impact on growing and expanding the industry, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was even larger than what Covid did. We can hold our noses up all we want (*cough* @Orvillain) and I get it, cause I used to also, but it was pretty cool watching kids minds be blown when they could finally play along with the songs on a guitar, after twiddling on a controller.
I was always more of a point-and-click adventure kinda kid, but when GH1 came out in 2005, I was fully FPS. For a time I really wanted to become a level designer, that was my dream job when I was 15. Started uni in 2004 at 19, and that was when I bought a strat and a Vox Pathfinder combo, and started learning Hendrix and Tool and Cradle of Filth, hahaha! Those were the days.

GH arrived JUST as I was getting into proper guitar, so I never really got into it. Was too busy schooling up.

Back