Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

I'm just gonna have let Shania deal with you.

unimpressed country music GIF by Shania Twain
Cute

Yet all you do is flabbing your gums over some axe you have to grind.

Why not just pick the multiple products that have a similar form factor (convenient) and better accuracy. You don't have to choose one or the other anymore
Simple answer because one does stuff the other doesn’t.
Nothing is faster workflow wise than Kemper with a better result.
Now if I’m just jerking off noodling it ain’t gonna be my first choice, but for recording and my use nothing beats it.

I’m not talking about accurate. Because when we go down that road I’d just use an amp.
Well the discussion about Kemper lagging behind is about accuracy, so you’re missing the main point here. Profiling is reliant on being accurate otherwise it’s a total waste of time. At one point Kemper was the best option for profiling. Now it isn’t. You can be happy with it being “close enough” but that doesn’t mean other options in 2024 do the job much better.

Anyone who’s still happy with Kemper is more than entitled to be and no one is saying it sounds bad or unusable. But it’s a fact that other platforms all match their reference much closer and most can be had for less money too.

Well the discussion about Kemper lagging behind is about accuracy, so you’re missing the main point here. Profiling is reliant on being accurate otherwise it’s a total waste of time. At one point Kemper was the best option for profiling. Now it isn’t. You can be happy with it being “close enough” but that doesn’t mean other options in 2024 do the job much better.

Anyone who’s still happy with Kemper is more than entitled to be and no one is saying it sounds bad or unusable. But it’s a fact that other platforms all match their reference much closer and most can be had for less money too.
Do I have to post the video of Leo Gibson comparing NC and PP and what happens when he adjusts the tone stack with liquid profiles.

And the discussion is missed not about it lagging behind. It is about the 300 bucks upgrade and sounding “bad”.

It is really weird how nobody - in three years - has ever been able to come up with an objective or valid argument against my video. The objections really boil down to:

- I don't like the tone
- Kemper sounds better than the real amp
- Your methodology was wrong lol (no it wasn't)
- Your guitar playing is shit
- What have you ever achieved

etc etc etc.

I'm pretty used to it by now. I get it - when the earth is definitively round, and your flat concepts keep getting destroyed left, right, and centre... then yeah.... all you've got is personal attacks left. I get it. Makes total sense.

Kemper users are by and large not concerned about accuracy. That's fine.

I am.

It is really weird how nobody - in three years - has ever been able to come up with an objective or valid argument against my video. The objections really boil down to:

- I don't like the tone
- Kemper sounds better than the real amp
- Your methodology was wrong lol (no it wasn't)
- Your guitar playing is shit
- What have you ever achieved

etc etc etc.

I'm pretty used to it by now. I get it - when the earth is definitively round, and your flat concepts keep getting destroyed left, right, and centre... then yeah.... all you've got is personal attacks left. I get it. Makes total sense.

Kemper users are by and large not concerned about accuracy. That's fine.

I am.
How does that even make sense you throw up an old video where you pretty much pump the Kemper and now it sounds bad according to you.
What actually is your point then

Do I have to post the video of Leo Gibson comparing NC and PP and what happens when he adjusts the tone stack with liquid profiles.
Liquid profiles were basically the final straw with my Kemper, that’s when I knew the platform is going nowhere.

If the underlying model doesn’t sound accurate to the amp, adjusting the tone stack ain’t going to help. It works in a pinch and sounds fine, but so does Amplitube or stock DAW amp plugins. What’s the point in setting a low bar when there is way better stuff out there? A kemper can’t even play IR’s back properly without truncating them, so the low end isn’t right. You just have to accept tons of redundant imitations to get any kind of use out of it.

Liquid profiles were basically the final straw with my Kemper, that’s when I knew the platform is going nowhere.

If the underlying model doesn’t sound accurate to the amp, adjusting the tone stack ain’t going to help. It works in a pinch and sounds fine, but so does Amplitube or stock DAW amp plugins. What’s the point in setting a low bar when there is way better stuff out there? A kemper can’t even play IR’s back properly without truncating them, so the low end isn’t right. You just have to accept tons of redundant imitations to get any kind of use out of it.
Personally, I think it is down to the selection mechanics within the Kemper. Cliff once reported his thoughts on it a long time ago, suggesting that the Kemper had 7 underlying amp models that it then did a match against. I don't know if that is true, or if I'm even remembering correctly. But assuming it is, 7 amps is not enough to capture the full reality of amplifier variability.

Not because of any concerns about deliberately limiting the hardware though. They pitch the GT1000 as the flagship, but it is anything but.

Yoshi’s Razor - never attribute product limitations to corporate greed what can be attributed to complete lack of organization and communication across product teams (aka Boss being Boss)

Why not just pick the multiple products that have a similar form factor (convenient) and better accuracy.
What’s the point in setting a low bar when there is way better stuff out there?
Cus it still sounds good, has good effects and a great workflow. Now it's tiny.
Kabinet/Kone. Actual fuzz circuit. Morphing. Preset spillover. Looper across presets. It's pretty and green. Etc.

Care about accuracy is fine, but there's other factors too. And I know you guys know that, but sometimes it doesn't come across like you guys know that. And so we go in circles of discussions...

Cus it still sounds good, has good effects and a great workflow. Now it's tiny.
Kabinet/Kone. Actual fuzz circuit. Morphing. It's pretty and green. Etc.

Care about accuracy is fine, but there's other factors too. And I know you guys know that, but sometimes it doesn't come across like you guys know that. And so we go in circles of discussions...
Good effects/workflow/fuzz sounds are just par for the course though surely? If they weren’t good, then Kemper would really have problems at this stage. I never found them much to write home about, the updated kemper drive pedal was actually a bit weird to me and I’d rather they did individual models like they did originally, where the parameters and ranges correlated to the real pedals.

IMO one of their strongest assets is that they’ve had years to iron out the kinks and it’s pretty robust to go on the road with. But again, not a good sell and not THAT unique against the competition.

Good effects/workflow/fuzz sounds are just par for the course though surely? If they weren’t good, then Kemper would really have problems at this stage. I never found them much to write home about, the updated kemper drive pedal was actually a bit weird to me and I’d rather they did individual models like they did originally, where the parameters and ranges correlated to the real pedals.

IMO one of their strongest assets is that they’ve had years to iron out the kinks and it’s pretty robust to go on the road with. But again, not a good sell and not THAT unique against the competition.
Sigh, now do Kabinet/Kone, morphing, preset spillover, locking blocks, etc.

This whole thing is poopy.

1. It aint accurate. Objective. Disprove or shut up.
2. It doesn't sound good. Subjective. Nothing to prove or disprove.
3. It aint good value for money. Subjective. Nothing to prove or disprove.

Thus endeth my involvement with the thread.

Back