Just got "fired" from the new band

Wow! I may have missed it, are you going to do it?
I'm not, just haven't told them yet

Do you think they are giving the "subs" and lesser cut.... and therefore don't want a
permanent guy who would get an equal share?
Don't know about what they pay subs, but I can tell they want a permanent guitarist. Their sound won't progress together without one and at least the bassist wants that. With the last steady guitarist they had they seemed pretty tight judging from their demos and had a revolving door of singers at that point. Apparently he left to do some long-term sailing with his family or something.

I was “let go” by the singer in a cover band because our “styles didn’t mix”. It was mostly like the record covers.

The kicker was it came right after a rehearsal where I was the only one who came prepared and knew all the tunes. I guess my style of being prepared didn’t fit in.

That was one of the last straws for me tolerating bs. This isn’t my source of income. I love to play but the amount of crap I’ve had to deal with in bands isn’t worth it. I’m open to finding a new band one day but I’m not optimistic.

I was “let go” by the singer in a cover band because our “styles didn’t mix”. It was mostly like the record covers.

The kicker was it came right after a rehearsal where I was the only one who came prepared and knew all the tunes. I guess my style of being prepared didn’t fit in.

That was one of the last straws for me tolerating bs. This isn’t my source of income. I love to play but the amount of crap I’ve had to deal with in bands isn’t worth it. I’m open to finding a new band one day but I’m not optimistic.

I hear you loud and clear. I have been to that state of mind many times and taken a few hiatus's because of PEOPLE. That is what it comes down to isn't it?

Actually holding auditions today for an 80's rock and metal tribute/covers thing, and 2 of the 4 people scheduled have backed out last minute. It's very frustrating and tiresome. Getting 4-5 people in the same room at the same time and having the same vision can feel like a pipe dream sometimes. Something that seems so simple can seem impossible at times.

I push on because the feeling I get when a tight band is running like a machine and feeding off the crowd, is a feeling and a high I can't seem to get any other way.

Getting 4-5 people in the same room at the same time and having the same vision can feel like a pipe dream sometimes. Something that seems so simple can seem impossible at times.
This right here, is why I gave up on being in an original band, very early in my playing career. I tried for like, 3 or 4 years, to get something going, and nada. Zilch. I'd find a bass player, or a drummer, but not a singer, and none at the same time. All the while, I was subbing and filling in for a few cover bands on bass, and ended up finding my own cover bands, pretty easily and have been doing it ever since.

Back