An unexpected band hiatus

I definitely wouldn’t be able to ignore it. At this point, if I’m going to be in a band with people they’re going to be people I like hanging out with as friends first and foremost and that’s just bad taste. If they’ve got a problem with her they can address it with her or in a band meeting. Only time I deal with people who talk shit behind my back is at work, because I get paid to do so and it’s not a hobby.

it's also not just what they said about her but also the fact that her and I have been nothing but respectful and accommodating to them.

it's also not just what they said about her but also the fact that her and I have been nothing but respectful and accommodating to them.

That broke a friendship for me that I worked really hard rebuilding.

They had just lost a young daughter after two days home and some months later my wife helped them move out of that house because they couldn’t stay there anymore … Later on, there is some shenanigans that I could not abide.

AMF

(Adios)

IMG_1531.jpeg

Late 80s … finished with playing in bands

The emotional and interpersonal stuff is what ended up pushing me into early retirement. It just
got exhausting dealing with that stuff. You'd think by the time people were in their 40s and 50s a
lot of that High School shit would be left in the past and grown out of. Not so! :facepalm

Or maybe, since "All The Good Die Young," the older we get the worse our experience of the
social aspects of interacting with others becomes. :LOL:

Anywho, hope you enjoy the downtime and regroup better than before. :beer

The emotional and interpersonal stuff is what ended up pushing me into early retirement. It just
got exhausting dealing with that stuff. You'd think by the time people were in their 40s and 50s a
lot of that High School shit would be left in the past and grown out of. Not so! :facepalm

Or maybe, since "All The Good Die Young," the older we get the worse our experience of the
social aspects of interacting with others becomes. :LOL:

Anywho, hope you enjoy the downtime and regroup better than before. :beer

Thanks man. Yeah it's completely exhausting and soul draining. You'd think something so simple as playing songs and being on time would be an easy task for 50 something year old musicians. Between the backstabbing, laziness, trying to change the band concept, taking off early and showing up late it's just unsustainable. Seriously I have always been a "The show must go on" type of entertainer, BUT what I will not do is allow anyone to disrespect my wife without consequences.

Yeah, it blows super hard when something that is supposed to be fun, by nature, is turned into
such a soul-sucking shitshow. :facepalm

Good on you for sticking up for what matters more than a band, and that is family! :beer

Back