An unexpected band hiatus

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Woke up this morning to a local friend of mine who I trust, sending me screenshots of the bass player and drummer in the band I run, talking some seriously bad stuff about my wife. She happens to be the lead singer of the band. I mean really bad stuff. She's a straight shooter that doesn't mince words and I guess their feelings got hurt about skipping load outs. The guy who sent me the screenshots happens to be looking for a bass player and drummer to start a band. He assured me he won't be hiring them either. I don't think either of them realized I became good friends with this guy. Maybe it was intentional for it to get back to me I dunno.

They will both be fired today as soon as I talk to them on the phone. The stuff they said is unforgivable. No way can I find 2 subs out here in time to keep my next obligation and probably not the next 3 or 4 to be honest. We have a few standards but our list is purposely much different than the run of the mill cover bands out here.

This sucks. I may fold the tents up and start over. It's a death knell to cancel gigs out here if you aren't well established.

OR you can pretend nothing happened and tell your trusty local friend to stop gossiping and be a man?

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Fucking lame. Stupid AF too, bet they're all screenshots of messages. That kind of shit can easily come back around even if a DM.

OR you can pretend nothing happened and tell your trusty local friend to stop gossiping and be a man?
I was just about to scoff at this but could be some merit to it. You might have a target on your back, Bob!

Either way, every disaster story you tell about the yokels out there makes me want to come out and play for you. Too bad I live in California.

Hope the gigs work out somehow.

Did you tell your wife?

If yes it’s done.

If not just ignore it. Don’t accept any new obligations. Complete your bookings. Then call it a day.

… or not.

There’s always the famous gfy route.

Last edited:
Did you tell your wife?

If yes it’s done.

If not just ignore it. Don’t accept any new obligations. Complete your bookings. Then call it a day.

… or not.

There’s always the famous gtfy route.

I have not told her yet because I want to handle it. She will go scorched earth if she see's the text messages. We are not "connected" out here. need to proceed with caution whether in the right or not.

Fucking lame. Stupid AF too, bet they're all screenshots of messages. That kind of shit can easily come back around even if a DM.

I was just about to scoff at this but could be some merit to it. You might have a target on your back, Bob!

Either way, every disaster story you tell about the yokels out there makes me want to come out and play for you. Too bad I live in California.

Hope the gigs work out somehow.

It really has been pretty bad out here.

I have not told her yet because I want to handle it. She will go scorched earth if she see's the text messages. We are not "connected" out here. need to proceed with caution whether in the right or not.
… on the other hand sometimes it is just best to call it a day ahead of time. Hope things work out for y’all.

I definitely wouldn’t be able to ignore it. At this point, if I’m going to be in a band with people they’re going to be people I like hanging out with as friends first and foremost and that’s just bad taste. If they’ve got a problem with her they can address it with her or in a band meeting. Only time I deal with people who talk shit behind my back is at work, because I get paid to do so and it’s not a hobby.

Depends. If bailing on the shows you already have booked would negatively impact your ability to book shows at those venues moving forward, I might just ignore it long enough to fulfill your existing obligations as Zilla mentioned. (Stop booking additional shows and start working on getting new players)

On the other hand, if youre not worried about burning any bridges at these venues then I would tell them to kick rocks.

Last edited:
Jeezus, Bob. Why are we doing this again?? :brick

Fuck man. Feel for ya. :hugitout
Yeah Ii'm done for awhile. I am going to end up arrested If I dont take some kind of extended break. Good chance to work on the self made project that's been on the back burner for about 5 years.

I don’t have any great advice other than protect your wife, and try not to murder anyone.

You in ABQ?
Thankfully I live in a little town about 20mi East of ABQ. ABQ folks don't usually come here. We are almost like our own Country.

Back