Is this a/the problem?

rip torn throw GIF

Remember this one from 2006? Talk about old men yelling at clouds, it was non-stop griping for weeks.

s-l1200.webp

Women in music, specifically guitar-centric music, are in a bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kinda situation. First of all, she can play, better than many others who've graced the cover. Second, who are we to make comments on how she dresses? Maybe that's what makes her feel good, to dress how she thinks is compelling? Was there the same outrage when male guitarists had their chest hair out, wearing tight leather pants, with their high cheek bones and their fuckme stare on the cover?

Would it make you feel better if she was dressed like a Puritan?

And let me clarify I'm the father of two daughters. How girls and women dress today is not something lost on me. There was a time when I thought "my daughters are gonna dress like the Amish, damnit!" because I want to protect them from anything and anyone. However, the real issue is everyone else. If someone can't contain themselves because they're a pervert, then that's their fucking problem, and they need to evolve.

Did have to check to see that she didn't make the cover over Nita but not to fear, Strauss has already had a three-peat.

Untitled.png

She doesn’t play any worse than slash, and she has a great rack.

She can stay.

Don’t look at me like I’m an asshole when literally every crazed Groupie voiced what they’d do with “insert rockstar here”. That was ok but I’m the asshole?

I’m all in.

Last edited:
Women in music, specifically guitar-centric music, are in a bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kinda situation. First of all, she can play, better than many others who've graced the cover. Second, who are we to make comments on how she dresses? Maybe that's what makes her feel good, to dress how she thinks is compelling? Was there the same outrage when male guitarists had their chest hair out, wearing tight leather pants, with their high cheek bones and their fuckme stare on the cover?

Would it make you feel better if she was dressed like a Puritan?
I personally enjoy how she looks. Let’s face it, she doesn’t look that way by accident, either. She’s selling and I’m buying. Just like those rockstars you mentioned. They were no better no worse.

Same. Receiving a new issue of Guitar for the Practicing Musician was like Christmas morning.
Told my wife upon seeing this very magazine in the garbage and I didn’t even open it yet, I’m not renewing my subscription. I don’t even read them anymore. I consume this media all elsewhere.

Back