Is Glen right?

I'm sure your evidence's counter to Jim Lil's will be forthcoming right?
What’s his hypothesis? How would it apply in real world circumstances?

As far as Glenn goes I suspect that’s likely just his online persona to generate a niche/views, and isn’t an appealing presentation style for my viewing habits. I’m comfortable in missing out on his presentation of information/insights he’s likely just resharing for the most part as it anyways.

:columbo

Something actually has to be a myth in order for it to be “myth busted”.

Last edited:
I tend to keep my bickering over in that other place and try not to get into it on forums I actually like, but there is no "evidence" of anything per sey in jim lil's videos. His final conclusion with the "air guitar" was the silliest part of the whole thing and not the "check mate" I've seen people presenting it as :popcorn

I tend to keep my bickering over in that other place and try not to get into it on forums I actually like, but there is no "evidence" of anything per sey in jim lil's videos. His final conclusion with the "air guitar" was the silliest part of the whole thing and not the "check mate" I've seen people presenting it as :popcorn
Hey; at least he can play an instrument and has a pleasant personality!

I'm amused how last week in guitar nihilism bickering the headline was, "guitar construction materials don't matter, only pickups" (it's empirical! :facepalm:rofl)

Now this week we find out "Pickups don't matter, its only the microphone!"

I'm looking forward to next weeks installment where we conclude microphones have no bearing on the final mastered product! Tone is in the engineers mixing/mastering fingers! (actually true to an extent imo lol)

I'm sure your evidence against his conclusion will be forthcoming

I'm sure your evidence against his conclusion will be forthcoming

Evidence against what? That he created an "air guitar"? No he didn't, he created a guitar with two massive wood anchors with strings suspended over a large room.

When people want to throw around words like "empirical data" and "scientifically proven", they should probably research a bit about the scientific method first.

Aren't Glen and Jim's videos completely opposed to each other in their conclusions?

I also think you have the burden of proof thing backwards here...

Like I already said though I'm not really interested in this dumb bickering on forums I actually like, so I'm not really going to engage with you homie. We'll probably have to agree to disagree :D

Evasion noted....and no, their conclusions aren't at odds

If a giant table and a tiny v sound exactly the same, the species of wood certainly doesn't matter

If a giant table and a tiny v sound exactly the same, the species of wood certainly doesn't matter

Its not evasion bro. I have no interest in engaging with you. You already in this thread took off topic and unprovoked shots at people who play Gibsons out of the blue. There's no point in an attempt at civil discussion, much less an actual debate. Peace

Pro tip…

There’s a difference between a clinical application and resulting theory and an application of the findings you’ve alluded to between various guitars.

Prove me wrong.

:popcorn

These videos strike me like Flat Earthers, QAnon, Alex Jones etc...anecdotal evidence presented with the allusion that it is fact.

I have always been ashamed that some get off on this kind of stuff, or worse, believe it.

It's been some years, but I believe this may have been my Physics of Sound text book in college. That was a tough class, but I certainly recommend this as a read for people that really want to dive deep into arguing about a lot of these topics. Especially the nihilists. :beer

41nvmed0+qL._AC_AC_SY350_QL15_.jpg

As someone who is currently at work in a research laboratory, where I run the analytical department, it does irk me quite a bit to see people grossly misuse terms like "empirical data" and "scientifically proven (via this one youtube video!)" in these threads.

I'm amused how last week in guitar nihilism bickering the headline was, "guitar construction materials don't matter, only pickups" (it's empirical! :facepalm:rofl)

Haha! Isn't it called "reductionism?" Not sure that it ever ends well. :idk

Last edited:

I'm looking forward to next weeks installment where we conclude microphones have no bearing on the final mastered product! Tone is in the engineers mixing/mastering fingers! (actually true to an extent imo lol)
THE CLITORUS DOESNAE MATTARH! TIS ONLY THYNE OVARIES!!

Back