In a world, where your fav modeler doesn't exist: What would be your pick?

I don't have a favorite
:rollsafe
Yes you Do but its not a Modeller :LOL:
1688567601364.png

I understand that the amp models aren't very accurate.
Yup well i can say I have no clue as to how any amp is accurate ive never had a real amp :idk
I can only go bye on what Ive heard on Albums
and whatever i can find in the Fractal to get me to any specific amp tone,

I think anything can be made to sound good its really a lot to do what workflow, ecosystem and options you prefer
And OFC like a chef Ingredients are not the only thing that matters

Over the past few months, I've made so many wrong turns gear-wise it has been unreal. But ultimately, I'm becoming a bigger Fractal fanboi every day. So if that didn't exist, I'd probably just stick with my Helix.

Now for me, modellers are primarily effects platforms. So bearing that in mind, if my amps didn't exist.... I'd be up shit creek tbh!

If I was suddenly in a world where the Axe-Fx III didn't exist, I think I would just quit......
laugh.gif

I keed I keed.... That's a hard question, as I have had an Axe-Fx since 2011 when I ditched tubes. I guess I would just have to
try out some of the other modelers and pick one.

Over the past few months, I've made so many wrong turns gear-wise it has been unreal. But ultimately, I'm becoming a bigger Fractal fanboi every day. So if that didn't exist, I'd probably just stick with my Helix.

Now for me, modellers are primarily effects platforms. So bearing that in mind, if my amps didn't exist.... I'd be up s**t creek tbh!
Isn't that what the HX effects was designed to do? for people who don't use amp Modelling ?

:idk

I love the Fractal stuff because I want to tinker and find stuff that works for me. However, once I find it I'm good.

I occasionally try out different stuff on the FM9 when I get bored, but 95% of my time using that device is spent with the "Plexi 100" amp.
If I couldn't have anything Fractal, then I'd go Kemper and hunt for the best Plexi or JMP / 800 profile I could find for my tastes and be happy.
And maybe a Fender Deluxe or similar for clean stuff. :p

Already went down the Helix route (with an LT and a Stomp) but it didn't really work for me. Was never really happy with the tones.

It is not as nice to use as the Helix Floor is, and the Fractal effects are better imo.
Yes Im also really loving the effects in the Fractal
I've yet to explore the EQ's in the Fractal but so far have not needed them
many wonderful Drives, Delays and Reverbs also love the Compressor Selection the Studio FF is so nice
:chef

I'm also Boss-curious. I understand that the amp models aren't very accurate. But plenty of people say that if you can get over that irksome detail, then the modeller is enjoyable to play; I'd like to try that and see if I can find at least one model that does it for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have an FM9 and I've had a couple of Helices.

Boss and ahem (hate to compare the 2) Zoom are odd ducks for me. I think Boss got it right with COSM and I actually like the COSM amps much better over the AIRD stuff. Zoom went off a cliff IMO. They were so close with the G3x or whatever it was called. The one with the amber screens. I used one for a couple years happily. When BOSS changed the sauce they lost me. Same with Zoom. I do own a GX-100 but honestly it collects dust. I wont even use it as a backup.

At this point if I didn't have my FM3, I would go back to a QC. I just don't trust the QC enough to use it all the time. I totally trust the FM3.

I don't have a favorite modeler, which is why I've got a few now and had so many before. They all have pros and cons. Some better than others.

If I were starting over today, I would get a Suhr PT15 I.R. (or some other versatile multi-channel amp with a quality reactive load), a Helix Floor, and quality studio monitors like Genelec 8030's. I love having knobs to turn and not having to worry about 100 different amp parameters. I don't need 100 different amps, just a few great tones. I like the flexibility and ease of use of digital multi-effects instead of having to buy and sell pedals and fuss with power supplies and boards. And I like having Helix Native in the DAW for recording.

I'm also Boss-curious. I understand that the amp models aren't very accurate. But plenty of people say that if you can get over that irksome detail, then the modeller is enjoyable to play; I'd like to try that and see if I can find at least one model that does it for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have an FM9 and I've had a couple of Helices.
One thing the Boss stuff is just stellar is the effects. I mean... They know their pedals.

I have had the opportunity to try several high-end modelers... I would choose the one that offers me more tools and quality for less money... and the price-quality ratio award goes to (drumroll) nux and mooer

Fav is Fractal, so if I had to pick something else, I’d probably go Helix + Tonex. I’d keep Tonex in the mix because I don’t love the Helix amps or cabs when listening through studio monitors. When playing through a guitar cab, the Helix amps are fine. Helix effects are great tho, regardless of playback method, and complement Tonex nicely.
Little bit of serendipity from this post...

I haven't even touched ToneX in a bit because I've been occupied by DynaCabs and, more recently, the Revv models. After I typed this, I fired up Tonex, decided to check @Deadpan's website, then saw they have a new Grano Fire pack. I picked it up, and spent the evening riffing.

Great stuff!

Currently Helix (LT) I suppose is my de facto favorite (haven't tried any of the other units available over the last 6 years). If it never existed I would have saved up a little more and got a Fractal most likely.

Back