Importing a guitar from USA to Uk

Gents. Am I correct in thinking 20% vat duty to be paid to customs if I import a guitar?
In and around yeah, so think carefully unless it's something you REALLY want and can't Get elsewhere.

There'll be some other charges from the courier/shipping company as well

I brought a guitar across around 2008 when the exchange rate was really favourable. Don't know that I'd bother again.

And be careful because if it's anything with Braz, that's going to be next to impossible to import legally, and if it goes undeclared then gets spotted, itll be confiscated.

There's also the matter of it being shipped safely. The seller has to know how to pack.

Tekbow.

That’s great advice. I was going to buy from Wildwood guitars but now I’ll ask guitar guitar to order the guitar and give me a price to my door.
Wildwood wants 5,100 plus I pay import duties etc.
I think it is too much of s gamble.
I’m waiting on guitar guitar now to get me a final price.
I hate messing people around. I just need to know where I stand and what’s needed.

Thank you maestro

Tekbow.

That’s great advice. I was going to buy from Wildwood guitars but now I’ll ask guitar guitar to order the guitar and give me a price to my door.
Wildwood wants 5,100 plus I pay import duties etc.
I think it is too much of s gamble.
I’m waiting on guitar guitar now to get me a final price.
I hate messing people around. I just need to know where I stand and what’s needed.

Thank you maestro

Nice. Hate to say it, but paying the extra for GG to do it is probably the safest way, then the liability is on them.

Just not worth taking the chance yourself with current VAT and exchange rates.

Back