If you’re considering a modeler, you should probably read this first

Same. I don't do Headphones. Ever. I hate them with a passion of someone on the Carnivore Diet
going to a Vegan's home to eat.

If I have had to track something in isolation and need to wear them, ok? But for pleasure or
enjoyment they are the least enjoyable of all monitoring solutions. For me.

I do own about 4 or 5 pair, though----because spending more money was supposed to set me
right on my Headphonitis. It didn't. :facepalm

I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, where I'm living at the moment doesn't allow instruments to be played so the only way I can practice is through headphones.

I dislike them so much I actually stopped playing. For months. The longest I'd laid off since I was 15.

But recently I realized that if I didn't start playing again my chops would deteriorate significantly so I started practicing again a few weeks ago using a crappy pair of headphones I had given to a friend who had been in the hospital and needed a pair to watch TV late at night.

They're fine for that but suck for playing music so I'm looking for something better but don't want to pay hundreds for something I'll only use sporadically once I move in a month or so.

Necessity is a mother.

Nor is that music. If that's what you're going for, however, you can get it with a sufficiently powerful full range system.

Not music. It is Chuck Norris Full Impact
200.gif

Last edited:
Right on their website, if you click on that link.

Wz7UaCp.jpg

Thanks!!! They're $149 everywhere else.

Is this now the headphones thread? Then I must say that I've found nothing like the Audeze LCD-2 that I have been using for the last 10 years. And I've tried many. It translates very accurately what I hear through the studio monitors.

Even the so acclaimed ATH-M50x sounds artificial when compared with it. I keep the Audio Technica only for the occasions where I need closed cans
1695539447850.jpeg

Worth the very expensive investment

Last edited:
Is this now the headphones thread? Then I must say that I've found nothing like the Audeze LCD-2 that I have been using for the last 10 years. And I've tried many. It translates very accurately what I hear through the studio monitors.

Even the so acclaimed ATH-M50x sounds artificial when compared with it. I keep them only for the occasions where I need closed cans
View attachment 11188
Worth the very expensive investment
Those pads look comfortable. Suede?

Those pads look comfortable. Suede?
They are very comfortable. Sheepskin leather (they also offer a "vegan" version😄).

I've had to replace them two times. If you look at the pic, these are attached with tape as they were already degraded. The second time I've bought a cheap alternative from Ali-Express, because the originals are so expensive

I’m greatly interested in one or two of these:

https://www.laney.co.uk/amps/guitar/"FRFR"/lfr-112

From what I can tell, mostly positive experiences.
YEs those are very nice
Good drivers and Amp
1 x 12" Custom Drivers + 1" La Voce compression driver, the LFR was on my radar but rear ports would not have worked for me based on where they would be placed oh and they were a more expensive here at the time were $1099.00CDN funds and No stock
OTH i got my Powercabs for $729.99 Each (long and McWait Liquidation) and by some miracle they had 2 In stock mind you was from 2 Different stores
But im sure cant go wrong with the Laney

(y)

Last edited:
GRGR
Ghetto Range, Ghetto Response...

I finally got all the right cables and XLR splitters to run all of this crap in stereo from the AXE and all the volumes balanced equally.
  • Alto TS212 (1,2)
  • JBL 306P MkII (3,4)
  • Yamaha NSA-222 Towers (circa 1987 LOL!) (5,6)
  • Harbigner S12 Sub (7)
Pretty friggin dope sounding in the room, crystal clear and with the right high and low cuts it sounds amazing. Not too shabby for actual music either.

WGod3U9.jpg

Or just hook up the 4x12s and damn my Tinnitus...

dog explosion GIF

GRGR

I finally got all the right cables and XLR splitters to run all of this crap in stereo from the AXE and all the volumes balanced equally.
  • Alto TS212 (1,2)
  • JBL 306P MkII (3,4)
  • Harbigner S12 Sub (7)
Pretty friggin dope sounding in the room, crystal clear and with the right high and low cuts it sounds amazing. Not too shabby for actual music either.

WGod3U9.jpg

dog explosion GIF
You forgot the one in the lower right hand corner :sofa :chef

GRGR

• Alto TS212 (1,2)
  • JBL 306P MkII (3,4)
  • Harbigner S12 Sub (7)

WGod3U9.jpg

Nice!

Same. I don't do Headphones. Ever. I hate them with a passion of someone on the Carnivore Diet
going to a Vegan's home to eat.

If I have had to track something in isolation and need to wear them, ok? But for pleasure or
enjoyment they are the least enjoyable of all monitoring solutions. For me.

I do own about 4 or 5 pair, though----because spending more money was supposed to set me
right on my Headphonitis. It didn't. :facepalm

I started out playing through a small pair of studio monitors (JBL 305) and cheap over headphones that cost about $40. My guitar space was next to my family's main living space, so noise was always a concern. I turned to headphones and went through probably two dozen pairs trying different things. Often times they were enjoyable, especially for music, but many times they were frustrating.

At the end of the day for guitar, as fun as it is hearing effects in super wide stereo, headphones tend to be very unsatisfying. They seem to exaggerate frequencies that make guitar less exciting and more annoying, and seem to encourage me to spend a lot of time tweaking tones instead of playing.

This year I've moved from small studio monitors to running into the return of a combo amp, then to medium sized studio monitors, and now up to big Yamaha HS8's. Luckily I was able to move my guitar space down into my basement away from the main living area of the rest of the family, so I can be a little noisier. But even with low volumes it's a lot more enjoyable to play.

I'm getting ready to do a massive gear purge because I'm tired of living like a hoarder, and that will likely include a dozen headphones. So PM me if you're looking for something.

For "budget" headphones, I'd look at the AKG K361 for closed back and the Sennheiser HD58x for open back. The AKG's are fairly flat for the price. The Sennheiser are rolled off in the high end which is probably good for guitar.

Great read. No BS, objective and informative. Though my Mom would never own a Prius. Every time I even see the word Prius I think of the South Park episode where Randy and all his EV owning buddies are driving around sniffing their own farts.

Back