If you’re considering a modeler, you should probably read this first

Cheech you GAS'ing ?

:LOL:
Maybe 🤷🏻
With my recent routine of playing the same sequences over and over again…
It’s best for my wife’s sanity I believe 😂
Also my current cheapo headphones have the cushioning deteriorating.

IMG_0536.jpeg

I love these Ollo Audios

(Not inexpensive but less than a pair of the apples, but hand-matched drivers with unit specific eq correction to take you down to +\- 1 dB flat)

Last edited:
Is there something you like better?
In that price range I like the AKG K240 better, but they're semi-open back. Depends on your needs? Close-backed are good if you're tracking vocals and you don't want any bleed in the mic, or you just want to kill the room noise around you. Semi-open and open designs don't feel as awkward I think, sometimes a closed design can feel weird audibly if they're not perfectly cupping your ears.

What would be a decent under $100 pair of closed back headphones to use with my FM3?
Looking for recommendations .
Cheech Analyze the use you plan to use it for and how much time you plan to use
Chose 3 4 models make a spread sheet, get some feedback, here, reviews
Then write all the pros and cons of selected models
Make a choice based on price performance to time used ratio
And Bobs your uncle
:D

I love the line "the bass player is passed out behind the sofa". Our bass player was alway stoned(pothead), so I can relate...

These always come up in these conversations but I have yet to try them.

I have a set of these and for $99 they are pretty good.

After trying out the CHU Chi-Fi in-ears, I’m totally ruined now and have to have that up close sound.

I have a set of these and for $99 they are pretty good.

Where can you get those for $99?

I figured from day one that the monitoring source was critical so I didn't buy a "FRFR" monitor immediately. I did a ton of research and eventually settled on a pair of CLRs as well.

For lower volume monitoring I eventually bought a pair of Presonus Eris 4.5s.

I'm really happy with both. Do they provide an indistinguishable experience from an amp in the room? No, but the experience is still great.

I'm still struggling with headphones. I get ear fatigue and they feel uncomfortable on my head after a short while. I'm hesitant to buy a variety in search of the ones that will work best for me but that's probably the only way I'd fine the ones that are ideal for my purposes.

Same. I don't do Headphones. Ever. I hate them with a passion of someone on the Carnivore Diet
going to a Vegan's home to eat.

If I have had to track something in isolation and need to wear them, ok? But for pleasure or
enjoyment they are the least enjoyable of all monitoring solutions. For me.

I do own about 4 or 5 pair, though----because spending more money was supposed to set me
right on my Headphonitis. It didn't. :facepalm

Back