I lied about GAS. I want a single channel, face ripping Marshall

The first time I tried one was the Black edition I grabbed from @Mongillo19 . It looks cool and I don't find it gross so much as just uninspiring :idk
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Aka How to turn a $700 used DSL100 outlay to a $2200 Engl "investment" :cry::LOL:
ENGL Artists are all over Reverb for like $750. I mean, sure, they're in Poland and France and Germany oh my. But I'm sure it's all on the up and up and they'll arrive promptly. :rolleyes:

(Still confused as to how you woke up one day wanting a Marshall that sounds different than a Marshall.)

ENGL Artists are all over Reverb for like $750. I mean, sure, they're in Poland and France and Germany oh my. But I'm sure it's all on the up and up and they'll arrive promptly. :rolleyes:

(Still confused as to how you woke up one day wanting a Marshall that sounds different than a Marshall.)
There look to be a bunch of different Artists. From what I could see? I also wanted a 100 watter. You know; for home playing. Tht's the ones I was focusing on. Unless I am missing something? I think I mainly wanted the idea of a not neutered/polished M-style amp more than anything.

There look to be a bunch of different Artists. From what I could see? I also wanted a 100 watter. You know; for home playing. Tht's the ones I was focusing on. Unless I am missing something? I think I mainly wanted the idea of a not neutered/polished M-style amp more than anything.
I've been wanting (in my passive "don't really need that" way) a Blackmore. I keep searching Reverb and stumbling on the likes of this:

There's either a currency discrepancy here, or this is too good to be true. Compounded with the probability of someone dropping the thing between there and here.

On any given day, there are like 3 or 4 of these deals scattered around Europe. (I'll be in Germany in July, and if they're really that cheap there, I'm going to try to put one in my carry on bag LOL.)

I've been wanting (in my passive "don't really need that" way) a Blackmore. I keep searching Reverb and stumbling on the likes of this:

There's either a currency discrepancy here, or this is too good to be true. Compounded with the probability of someone dropping the thing between there and here.

On any given day, there are like 3 or 4 of these deals scattered around Europe. (I'll be in Germany in July, and if they're really that cheap there, I'm going to try to put one in my carry on bag LOL.)
That is a good price! There's like a 650, 651, 653, blahblahblah. It's pretty much like Spawn said; unicorn hunting :ROFLMAO:

FWIW, Friedman was just saying on this last week’s ToneTalk that he’s going to do a limited RF head, which will be that head.

(Which is the head Mick Mars used on Dr. Feelgood, apparently)

RF sold this head like [2] or so years ago but DF has been inside more Arrendondo amps than anybody probably.
And at least Dave isn't going to rip anybody off.
Its not Astrophysics, just R / C circuitry.

11907853-878728358829679-3414994391649499107-o.jpg

That is a good price!
If the amp ever arrives LOL.

There's like a 650, 651, 653, blahblahblah. It's pretty much like Spawn said; unicorn hunting :ROFLMAO:
What's really ridiculous is that I think I want an ENGL because I like the sound of the ENGL models/ captures I already have. Which are always going to be more convenient/ versatile. :idk

For kids who have never played the real thing.

*Never played a vox/fender/marshall myself.

The vid title + my own nostalgia for loud, unruly HIGH(ish) gain amps is kind of the overall inspiration for my GAS in this thread.

Back