I have bought WAY too many pedals in the last few weeks…

JerEvil

Roadie
zAF0pgQ.jpg

Well SOMEONE went on a little pedal bender…

And I actually love all of them! Lol! Glad to have another Black Fountain. Both Macon’s are awesome. The Fortin is supposedly a rip of the VFE Standout but not sure.

I really want to try the Tempest. Seems perfect for high gain styles, just set the amount of level and high/low cuts and go.

Is it a flat boost otherwise or is there a mid hump?

Last edited:
Where's Drew? :rimshot
I have no idea what this means!

I really want to try the Temptest. Seems perfect for high gain styles, just set the amount of level and high/low cuts and go.

It’s bad ass for sure. Was a bit hesitant but made an offer on Reverb. Pretty flat. Not real TS’y.

I dig! :love Do I have to be YT Dad and reprimand you for not making enough guitar vids? :hmm:satan
Working on it! Lol!

Hahahahah taking a pedal-buying break. 9 in 4 months is a record for me. I haven’t bought 9 pedals in the last 20 years, suppose I was making up for lost time!
Ah… Drew

I really want to try the Temptest. Seems perfect for high gain styles, just set the amount of level and high/low cuts and go.

Just what the recto likes
I found one on the cloud, just had to turn down the treble a bit.

I hear you there!

I hadn't used pedals (and therefore hadn't purchased any) in probably 15 years, until this summer. I decided to dip my toe into the water, and ended up with a whole bunch of them, along with a pedalboard and power supply.

Here's what I've tried this year:
  • Friedman BE Overdrive
  • Friedman BE OD Deluxe
  • Strymon Iridium
  • Nux Ace of Tone
  • Walrus ARP-87
  • Jackson Golden Boy
  • EHX Neo Clone
  • Walrus Ages
I've found that pedals can be quite fun but they can also be hit or miss, and they add up quickly.

Sonically, I'm not sure they are better or worse than today's digital models. But it's a different experience using them, and that can break you out of your comfort zone or just be a lot easier (or more fun) for someone to use.

I need to purge out a bunch of the pedals I'm not using soon.

It’s bad ass for sure. Was a bit hesitant but made an offer on Reverb. Pretty flat. Not real TS’y.

That’s exactly what I was hoping for. (Flat, just extra level and the high/lo cuts)

I get turned off by stupid stuff when it comes to gear, which in this instance was Fortin wanting $25 for shipping. Of course that’s a drop in the bucket for a gear hound but we are all weird about something. :rofl

Back