I don't know what I want but I want it

That’s so weird…that’s how I do my laundry too.

Still holding out for a decent punisher movie one of these days.
I don't read any of the comics. I think Jane did awesome, even if the movies were not awesome themselves. Ray Winstone did great as well, despite that movie being an odd mixture of camp and hyperviolence? Jon Bernthal was great in the series as well. I think a proper movie is a going to be wayyyyy too dark compared to the need for everything to be in some "universe" :wat

Jon Bernthal was great in the series as well. I think a proper movie is a going to be wayyyyy too dark compared to the need for everything to be in some "universe" :wat
All the punisher movies I’ve seen to date seem to be victims of the period they were made, even going way back to the late 80s one, but this is so often the rub with comic book movies, and today is no different.

I absolutely agree with your criticism of the current Marvel universe, as it leaves little room to explore some of the darker (and IMO more interesting) characters and themes that still deserve to get top notch treatments.

That clip you shared had me laughing though as I’m thinking through the practicalities of the Punisher showing up to the local laundromat every Sunday with 50lbs of blood soaked black leather. I see an SNL bit where they end up taking him down for destruction of property for ruining all the washing machines…or he shows up to fights with pink socks because he threw his whites in with the bloody leather.

You could throw one of these on there so people think you are just really passionate about not understanding the punisher at all.

images
Ha! Painting a straight up Punisher logo on there would be cool, actually. And it would go well with the guitar in my avatar (should I ever get it working again.) But yeah, I feel like Punisher references have become kind of a loaded - er, gun? - politically.

Ha! Painting a straight up Punisher logo on there would be cool, actually. And it would go well with the guitar in my avatar (should I ever get it working again.) But yeah, I feel like Punisher references have become kind of a loaded - er, gun? - politically.
IMO the vanilla, unmolested punisher logo is still tasteful and freakin’ awesome. I bet you could stencil that on there and it would look really cool and unique.

I mean…do you REALLY want your amp being marked as an unstoppable deliverer of brutality that exists outside any rules and limits?

I don’t know anyone around here who likes brutal amps. :rofl

Last edited:
IMO the vanilla, unmolested punisher logo is still tasteful and freakin’ awesome. I bet you could stencil that on there and it would look really cool and unique.

I mean…do you REALLY want your amp being marked as an unstoppable deliverer of brutality that exists outside any rules and limits?

I don’t know anyone around here who likes brutal amps. :rofl
It would border on irony to do this with a TA-30, out of all of Mesa's line up. But I agree it would be "freakin' awesome" regardless.

I'd have to be sure it was a serious keeper first, obviously. :)

I like that it's small? :idk It looks very practical... except for the schmutz all over its face. :rofl
Looking at demos now. (Shoot first ask question later?) It's not nearly as small or as light as I thought it was.

(I was convinced it was an EL34 for amp until a couple of days ago, too. D'oh.)

The Eagle (TA-30) has landed. Well, plummeted more like. I'm at work for another two hours, and my wife is texting me pictures of a crumpled box that GC apparently dug out of a dumpster and then hurled in a general north easterly direction, all the way from GA. UPS might have gotten the pass and scored the goal down my driveway; it's hard to tell.

:facepalm :hmm:nails

Last edited:
The Eagle (TA-30) has landed. Well, plummeted more like. I'm at work for another two hours, and my wife is texting me pictures of a crumpled box that GC apparently dug out of a dumpster and then hurled in a general north easterly direction, all the way from GA. UPS might have gotten the pass and scored the goal down my driveway; it's hard to tell.

:facepalm :hmm:nails

Guitar centers vary wildly in how they package used amps

Fairfax, VA? amazing work, honestly a packing job like a piece of artwork, tubes even pulled and shipped delicately in a separate box

Orange, CT? Go fuck yourself customer, we hope the amp is smashed to bits when you get it then we're gonna go take a shit and do scat play on your ancestors graves

Orange, CT? Go f**k yourself customer, we hope the amp is smashed to bits when you get it then we're gonna go take a s**t and do scat play on your ancestors graves
Gwinnett, GA seems to be on the same plan. Ironically/ coincidentally, Orange, CT is where I'll be returning this amp, should I arrive home to broken glass tonight.

But for the moment, fingers crossed? :idk

Gwinnett, GA seems to be on the same plan. Ironically/ coincidentally, Orange, CT is where I'll be returning this amp, should I arrive home to broken glass tonight.

But for the moment, fingers crossed? :idk

Haha that is kind of ironic. The amp in question I got from Orange was terribly packaged, and DOA, although that was unrelated to the shipping. Thing kept blowing fuses, I even got the store to send me a free quad of 6L6s in case tubes were the reason the fuses were blowing. I still had to end up returnin the amp because when I pulled the board out to bias there was burn marks all over the PCB. They wouldn't take the tubes back in when I returned it so still sort of ended up as a win lol

Hoping against hope that they pulled the tubes and double-boxed, and things aren't as bad as they look in the photos. I don't have a clear sense of how big the amp itself is - nor the box for that matter - so it's hard to judge.

Back