I don't know what I want but I want it

OK, you frickin' enablers. :hmm I bought the $800 TA-30 for myself. :bag This amp has never even been on my radar, but how many opportunities do you get to buy a Mesa anything for < $1K.

Apparently it has "a little dent" on the back. No idea what that actually means. Had to pay tax and ~$35 shipping, but all I'm personally on the hook for is the shipping. If I hate the amp, I can just drive it to a local GC for a refund. Maybe I'll hit Kohl's on the way back for some socks. ;)

He has seen the light (y)

Totally outside my wheelhouse. (I'm a Boogie Mk guy at heart.) But if this really delivers Vox + Fender + Marshall, then I'm excited to give it a shot. :)
I loved the amp but hated the 2x12 combo. I wouldn't mind having another head. Enjoy it.

OK, you frickin' enablers. :hmm I bought the $800 TA-30 for myself. :bag This amp has never even been on my radar, but how many opportunities do you get to buy a Mesa anything for < $1K.

Apparently it has "a little dent" on the back. No idea what that actually means. Had to pay tax and ~$35 shipping, but all I'm personally on the hook for is the shipping. If I hate the amp, I can just drive it to a local GC for a refund. Maybe I'll hit Kohl's on the way back for some socks. ;)
I can’t wait to get your impressions. If that was the TA-30 in GC’s used inventory I’d been watching it for a while but got laid off (tech) a couple weeks ago. It’s one of the few Mesa’s I’ve not spent time with, but I’ve been gravitating towards non master volume amps gradually over the last few years and have wondered whether the clever bypassable master setup on those might be a “best of both worlds” scenario.

Congrats on the amp!

TA-30 for TA-15 money. :beer And I wouldn't have even considered this amp minus the FX loop, so...

You did good! This thread now has an happy ending after all. :LOL:

TA-30 is my most gigged amp in the last 20 years. It is such a workhorse. It sounds
so good. It is like 4 pedal platforms in one amp, or 4 amps in one amp. Kind of
insane, to be honest.

I doubt I will ever sell mine, and yes there is a little added noise using the FX loop,
but there is an easy DIY remedy for that if it is problematic.

Still use mine here almost every day I play. It is currently one half of my home stereo-wet/dry rig. :chef

Let me know if you have any questions when you get it. Be happy to help, or share any helpful
tips I have stumbled upon. :beer

I had a ta-15 for a few years but ended up barely using it compared to my other amps. I loved the tones, size, easy of use and it looked cool, however, the lack of reverb and effects loop just killed it for me.

Of course now that I've bought a load box I wish I'd kept the damn thing and could have used it that way into my stomp.

Yup. The TA-30 qand TA-15 are drastically different amps in terms of features and sounds.

I'd honestly not recommend the 15. I didn't like it. :idk

The 30 has the headroom you need for those bigger and bolder tones. The 15 is a little thin
and anemic to my ears.

Also, you have this really cool push/pull Pot on the Gain Pot with the 30 that adds another
gain stage in the preamp section that not a lot of people know about. :love

I can’t wait to get your impressions. If that was the TA-30 in GC’s used inventory I’d been watching it for a while but got laid off (tech) a couple weeks ago. It’s one of the few Mesa’s I’ve not spent time with, but I’ve been gravitating towards non master volume amps gradually over the last few years and have wondered whether the clever bypassable master setup on those might be a “best of both worlds” scenario.

Congrats on the amp!
Thanks, man! GC had at least two, maybe more, in various states. Every other TA-30 I bumped into was around the $1250 mark, so this one grabbed my attention at $800. (I'm still concerned a TA-15 is going to arrive at my door LOL.)

I absolutely need a master volume because I mostly play at whimpy volumes. :( FX loop is a must for when I'm running a modeler/ multi-FX, and reverb tank is a must when I'm not. So yeah, the TA-30 is a much better fit for me. If noise is excessive on either the reverb or the loop (I've read about problems with both, at this point), then I'll definitely be casting around for help with mods, or whatever it takes.

Last edited:
I loved the tones, size, easy of use and it looked cool...
I'm guessing this was a divisive point. I personally think the TA-15/30 is butt ugly, and bought it in spite of the looks. I'm sure there's another historically relevant product that Mesa were taking their cues from - but when I look at it, all I can think is, "Exactly one company in the universe thought the Vetta mk1 was a good looking amplifier, and it wasn't even Line 6." :facepalm

And blue lights, ew. I don't even like blue Christmas lights. Blue lights are for cops. (And David Gilmour.)

tl;dr :bag

VettaHD_300-08c50637bd56ec76a3419010685a1df4.jpg

dredd-karl-urban.jpg

I can mayyyyyyyybe see the L6 plate and Mesa plate resemblance up top but no VCR screens and a killer front silver control plate with a bunch of toggle is super :guinessto me :)
Well, sure. If looking better (and less dated) than a Vetta 1 is our bar, then the TA-30 is a supermodel. ;)

One thing's clear: GC has no idea how to price these things. They've got a minty combo for $1300 in one store, and a minty head for $1390 in another right now. :unsure:

Back