I don't know what I want but I want it

I’d have to be really quick about it LOL.(Because of the intermittent failures, not the return window.)

And honestly it isn’t like there aren’t already plenty of excellent captures of similar (or same) amps. With the actual head, it’s about the feel of having the real power amp driving the speaker, the utility of having pre/ power/ spring reverb in one box, etc.
True! But if you make a DI cap and run it though a power amp hopefully that will scratch your itch? Or do you not have a power amp (I can't remember)

Receiving broken/damaged gear sucks. I’m sorry this is happening man. Really a bummer.

FWIW these amps aren’t unobtanium and they do pop up under $1k a couple times a year, so you have a pretty good chance of sniping another if you are patient.

True! But if you make a DI cap and run it though a power amp hopefully that will scratch your itch? Or do you not have a power amp (I can't remember)
I have other power amps, but I think part of what I’m liking about the sound/feel of the TA is its own matched power amp. (I haven’t done any testing to confirm/ quantify that. I dig the feel/ taper of the controls - including the master volumes - on this amp, which might contribute to placebo effect.)

Last edited:
Receiving broken/damaged gear sucks. I’m sorry this is happening man. Really a bummer.

FWIW these amps aren’t unobtanium and they do pop up under $1k a couple times a year, so you have a pretty good chance of sniping another if you are patient.
This is what I’m starting to think. I hate giving up, but I might have to just bring it back, and be patient for a while. Another deal - for something - will pop up eventually.

But at the moment, the only other TA at this price is a TA-15, which I’m not interested in.

Yup. Don't get the TA-15. Just don't.

What a bummer? I had no idea of the update/TA-30 switching issue. Mesa does have a bit of history
with switching issues on amps. The OG Rectifiers come to mind.

Feel for ya. They are great amps, and worth pursuing, in my experience. :hugitout

Back