I Am Listening To Every Mastodon Album In Chronological Order

I really liked up through Years of Decay but I fell off HARD with those guys for whatever reason? I liked Ironbound when they "came back" but then fell right back off on that next album ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup. Too much music, TV, (media in general!) to keep track of. Saturated markets are saturated like the users of those
markets. Super-saturated. :brick

This time next week I’ll be recovering from the Mastodon/Gojira show!!! Super, super stoked for this as I haven’t had the chance to see Mastodon headlining since Crack The Skye, but especially for the Hushed And Grimm tour. I’ve been avoiding recent YouTube vids to keep the setlist a surprise.

That's going to be amazing!

Not in this area until August, and with not knowing what the Summer will lead me to being
responsible for I am not committing to tickets just yet.

Oh, and here (Metro Detroit) they are charging 3 X the price for GA/The Pit than for seats. :idk

$150 to be on the floor standing.

My how times change.

Not in this area until August, and with not knowing what the Summer will lead me to being

Oh, and here (Metro Detroit) they are charging 3 X the price for GA/The Pit than for seats. :idk

My how times change.
I'll take a well placed seat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>standing on these old man legs all night

My how times change.

Wait, what?? $150 for GA Mastodon/Gojira???

I know both bands have gotten more popular since the last time I saw either but that is absolutely insane :wat

My how times change.

Ho-lee faaaawk! Thankfully this venue is GA only, tix were $45 w/ service fees. Dream Theater/Devin Townsend is $75 for the floor seats, $150 is f*cking nuts.
I'll take a well placed seat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>standing on these old man legs all night

Man, we were so starved for concerts down here that I stopped caring after a while, but I’ll still always choose standing over seated, while my legs/knees haven’t taken me out yet. I wanted to take my friend to her first concert and when looking at the upcoming options the soonest ones were Live- Unplugged at a seated venue or Whitechapel at the national act venue, she’s a Live fan and had no clue who Whitechapel was but I still picked Whitechapel, specifically because of the whole seat/standing aspect and wanting her to experience a legit concert with sweaty bodies pressed against each other, someone spilling beer on her, random mosh pits appearing behind you, etc. It paid off, the second we got out of the show “Who else is coming around?!? I want to go to EVERY concert!”

I might have peaked at the setlist after I made that post. Very not disappointed, they’re really covering their entire career with it and at least got two of the songs I wanted to hear of Hushed And Grimm. They definitely aren’t slowing the pace of the set down very much, that’s for sure!

Ho-lee faaaawk! Thankfully this venue is GA only, tix were $45 w/ service fees. Dream Theater/Devin Townsend is $75 for the floor seats, $150 is f*cking nuts.

Man, we were so starved for concerts down here that I stopped caring after a while, but I’ll still always choose standing over seated, while my legs/knees haven’t taken me out yet. I wanted to take my friend to her first concert and when looking at the upcoming options the soonest ones were Live- Unplugged at a seated venue or Whitechapel at the national act venue, she’s a Live fan and had no clue who Whitechapel was but I still picked Whitechapel, specifically because of the whole seat/standing aspect and wanting her to experience a legit concert with sweaty bodies pressed against each other, someone spilling beer on her, random mosh pits appearing behind you, etc. It paid off, the second we got out of the show “Who else is coming around?!? I want to go to EVERY concert!”
I can see that. Certainly. I have been to so many shows over the years so that aspect wore off a while back :rofl To be fair beyond that; I was never one to want to sit in a mudhole at some festival for 37 bands in 37 hours either. So there's that too :grin

I can see that. Certainly. I have been to so many shows over the years so that aspect wore off a while back :rofl To be fair beyond that; I was never one to want to sit in a mudhole at some festival for 37 bands in 37 hours either. So there's that too :grin

There’s still a big part of me that gets the same feeling before/during a concert that I used to get when I was a teenager, so stuff like that I tend to look at “Here’s an experience I’ll remember!” Hell, I get into more mosh pits now than I ever did as a teen. That feeling went away for a good decade and knowing it’s likely to occur again, I’m going to soak it up as long as it’s here for!

Just gonna drop 2 songs here as they aren’t on a studio album, they released them a couple years ago on Medium Rarities, some live stuff and instrumental versions of some songs.

This one’s gotta classic Mastodon vibe in the verses, but better production, then you get Angel Brann in the chorus…..but the turn around and ending of the song are just…..the fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk yeah Mastodon stuff-

(I was tripping balls the first time I saw this video and it was GREAT!!!!)

And this one is the most chill Mastodon song they’ve done yet, I believe Brann wrote it by himself. This song feels like a soul massage, especially that last chorus- (in case you didn’t watch Game of Thrones, it was written for that)

These came out between Emperor Of Sand and Hushed And Grimm if you want to wait until you get to those albums!

Man; digging through The Hunter as we speak. It is a shift but it is still GREAT to my ears :satan

Hahahah, so am I. I think TGF is having a mental connection night among members!

IMG_0972.png

I barely listened to this after Once More Round The Sun came out, but this was a really great follow up to Crack The Skye. More to the point songs while pretty much confirming the end of their caveman years with CTS not being just a fluke.

Hahahah, so am I. I think TGF is having a mental connection night among members!

View attachment 6876

I barely listened to this after Once More Round The Sun came out, but this was a really great follow up to Crack The Skye. More to the point songs while pretty much confirming the end of their caveman years with CTS not being just a fluke.
100%. I got through Stargasm by the end of the day. To the point with Mastodon is still killer \m/

100%. I got through Stargasm by the end of the day. To the point with Mastodon is still killer \m/

Kind of interesting though, that album feels a lot more subdued than everything that came after. Like it’s a bit low energy, even when it’s at it’s most rocking. Still a killer album and I’d never notice if I weren’t skipping from album to album before it. “Dry Bone Valley” and “Creature Lives” are probably my two favorites on there.

I am really enjoying this process more than the Dream Theater and Queensryche catalog. Maybe it
is because there are ZERO turds, and my gut feeling is Mastodon as a band have yet to peak.

Moving onto The Hunter.

To me, Mastodon is the 2nd coming of Rush - with an extra member (or 2, counting the synth player). Genius, yet down to earth - and keeping the lineup intact has been key, imho - shows how well suited they are together.

Back