How large is your "music room"?

SKU

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Sometimes I see home studio pictures on forums from various angles but can never get the feel for the room dimensions. Was wondering how large ( or small ) your music room is.

Little Bit Size GIF by Travis

Good stuff. No ego destroying 30sqm rooms yet :rofl
Saying this because in EU rooms and houses in general are tiny compared to houses in USA and I saw some music "rooms" on TOP that looked more like music living rooms.

My Gear Grotto is basically a walk-in closet.

HOoV3Ujd_o.jpg

It's tight. A little over 5' wide by about 8.5' deep. But I do have a pretty generous workshop for other stuff I do.
I like how space optimized it is!

@SKU, had little choice LOL! Problem was, when I built the rack I though I'd never need more than a dozen slots. What a fool

An old pic. No more Iridium, SY300 or SY1000. In their place an FM9 Turbo. The room is 3 metres wide and 2 metres deep. I have 2 cats and cannot swing them in here. Not that I've tried. I quite like them.

View attachment 19542

Sitting in that there chair right now. At precisely 10.14am Australian Eastern Summer Time. You can hear that keyboard clacking right? Have that black Ibanez Roadstar II a restin' on my left leg. FM9 Turbo on and switched to the Stone In Love preset. Noice.

My spare bedroom studio is roughly 12x14

Couch directly behind the desk, 3 headphones routed behind the couch so anyone can monitor/track from the couch. There's a always connected warm u87 and rode ntk hiding to the left of the pic

There's a patch bay that connects to the adjacent game room that carries 8 xlr's and 2 trs/XLR ports for headphones, etc. to track drums or amps.

Fits 4 people very comfortably. Me at the desk, 2 on the couch and there's a drum throne for tracking vocals or guitars.

In a pinch, 3 on the couch 2 on chairs/stools is still very doable (wide couch)

703 on most corners and 3 clouds (astetically placed)

20240305_170032.jpg

So like a spare bedroom, without the bed? ;)
Funny, but...

No, not actually like that at all. :D

It's not labeled a bedroom on the floor plan, doesn't have a closet (which bedrooms are obviously expected to have), isn't located near the bedrooms, and so on. So more like a den. Which is why I said that. :D

Last edited:
I had a spare bedroom I was using as a music space but we had a spare kid so now I'm set up in our master bedroom which is at least twice the size of the room I was in before. Don't have any exact measurements on hand but if I had to estimate I'd say 15x18.

We have a music house, though. Instruments and gear in every room.

Back