How large is your "music room"?

giphy.gif
Tom Cruise GIF by CBS

3.6 x 3.25 meters. Or 11.7 m2 / 125.94 ft2. It's the larger of the two bedrooms in this apartment.

Last edited:
I had a spare bedroom I was using as a music space but we had a spare kid so now I'm set up in our master bedroom which is at least twice the size of the room I was in before. Don't have any exact measurements on hand but if I had to estimate I'd say 15x18.

We have a music house, though. Instruments and gear in every room.

I always felt it would be cool to have a house like Buddy Miller
and his wife Julie. We can't afford both an house and a studio,
so let's make one inside the other. Brilliant! :chef

15x15 ish, not a perfect square one "corner" is at approx. a 30-35 degree angle.

It's dual purpose, theater room/my "music/noise" space.

I originally thought I could use it as my music space, but my wife developed an interest in watching movies again, so it's now dual purpose.

I don't have a music room
I live in an apartment in the UK.
Most UK apartments do not have the luxury of space to accomodate a music room. 😕

Mine is also my the studio where I mix the whole day. It's a control room only, no recording space because I don't need one, placed in my house.
Is not sound proofed because there's no need but has acoustic treatment.
Is about 16 sqmt (172 sqft)

My current room is about 156 sq. ft. and has a walk-in closet that's been made into an isolation booth.

I envy you yankees with your huge houses and what you call "finished basements". Only thing we can be proud of is our homes are not made out of wood :knit
I mean over here if you punch a wall you'll definitely stop playing your guitar for a long time.

Back