How do you store 12" speakers?

woody

Roadie
Esteemed dudes and dudettes,
I've got a couple of 12" speakers kicking around that need some place to be.
I have an Grossman iso-box, where I sometimes swap speakers, and I have some speakers that are not in cabs right now, but are just not for sale.
How do you store and organize speakers?
Are there sources for empty storage boxes?

Thanks in advance!

Esteemed dudes and dudettes,
I've got a couple of 12" speakers kicking around that need some place to be.
I have an Grossman iso-box, where I sometimes swap speakers, and I have some speakers that are not in cabs right now, but are just not for sale.
How do you store and organize speakers?
Are there sources for empty storage boxes?

Thanks in advance!
If you're in the US, the large USPS flat rate boxes work pretty well. And they're free.

That rimshot emoji is one ugly soab.
1665616753020.gif

Just thinking out loud because I had to store a couple for a few months, but if you put one speaker on the ground facing up, and another on top of it facing down, you can zip tie them together at the screw holes. This should keep the speaker cones safe, and you can store the speakers on a shelf, in a box, or somewhere else safe.

Yes, great idea. I have some in empty WGS & Weber boxes but have a few in shitty cardboard boxes that need to be replaced.

I never throw away a gear box, so I just put replaced speakers back in the Celestion box of the speaker that’s replacing it. An area of my closet is just a graveyard of replaced speakers.

Back