Hmmm?

Well I ordered one today, hopefully should be in tomorrow. I want to see what the measurements look like for my Yamaha HS8’s versus the Genelec 8020’s as I haven’t sold those yet, and I want to see what kind of correction it can do for both of them. If the correction works well and the latency is low, that’s going to be a big win. If not I can always return it.

Again, I’m not sure why people think this is some kind of snake oil…it’s DSP correction. Basically corrective EQ, much like using an impulse response to simulate a speaker cabinet. This stuff is used extensively in high end audio. Genelec, Neumann, Adam, lots of others.

I have been able to keep myself from buying one of these so far this week. I plan on spending some time with the recording rig in the near future. That may push me to make the purchase. I am pretty sure I will own one of these units.

Well I ordered one today, hopefully should be in tomorrow. I want to see what the measurements look like for my Yamaha HS8’s versus the Genelec 8020’s as I haven’t sold those yet, and I want to see what kind of correction it can do for both of them. If the correction works well and the latency is low, that’s going to be a big win. If not I can always return it.

Again, I’m not sure why people think this is some kind of snake oil…it’s DSP correction. Basically corrective EQ, much like using an impulse response to simulate a speaker cabinet. This stuff is used extensively in high end audio. Genelec, Neumann, Adam, lots of others.
Using room correction for monitors makes sense, using it for a F R F R rig is where its weird and counter intuitive imo

I’m sure it’ll work great for a monitor setup

Using room correction for monitors makes sense, using it for a F R F R rig is where its weird and counter intuitive imo

I’m sure it’ll work great for a monitor setup

Absolutely, not sure why anyone even went there in the first place.

Absolutely, not sure why anyone even went there in the first place.
Well a F-R-F-R is a monitor, it has an amp and a speaker just like mixing monitors so why should it not be viable?
Provided that like in my case the powered cabs are fixed in position in the room

:idk

Last edited:
Well a F-R-F-R is a monitor, it has an amp and a speaker just like mixing monitors so why should it not be viable?
Provided that like in my case the powered cabs are fixed in position in the room

:idk

If the cabs are in the same spot and you are in the same spot it could work. But usually with F***R you’re moving around.

I’m interested to see what happens with this unit though. I’ve been having back pain and standing more lately. This morning I was playing through my monitors while standing and the eq shifts for sure. Will report back…

Okay I posted my thoughts in the real thread for this under recordings. More to come...

Last edited:
Back