Do Something - Season Three - Week Seven (Eleven?)

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week SEVEN (Eleven) As the name states this week is a conundrum of convenience.

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot does that mean @Iron1?" - the crowd droned with eyes pre-rolling at the anticipation of another bad dad joke.

In the days of yore, around the time of yesteryear, you know, back in the day - no not that day- pervert. Sheesh... anyway, back in the other day, for those of us who grew up in the mid-Atlantic states, 7-11 was a wonderful place.

f53b7ab727fcfa155d6de5a076227641.jpg

Where else could you get a candy bar, Big Gulp, pack of cigarettes and magazines no one under the age of 18 was allowed to buy - all with a note from your mom (usually forged by your friend Billy) giving permission to grab all these things? Along with a 6-pack of beer.

4df60dfe49e2aea14d0f0000

Where am I going with all this and how is it relevant to the DO SOMETHING CHALLENGE you ask? All I know is you could make more music if you spent less time reading my insane ramblings and actually played your guitar/bass/drums/anal kazoo...

Ok, that's enough with the trip down memory lane, which is closed for road construction anyway. Here's what's happening so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

TJontheRoad - 4
Whizzinby - 4
T Gobbs - 2
Sleezy E - 6
Iron1 - 9
Alex Kenivel - 10!!!!

@FuzzyAce - 3
@Piing - 1
@PLX - 3
@megametal7 - 2
@fretworn - 3
@Moondog Wily - 2
@duzie - 1
BahamaDada - 3
Gearzilla - 1
PLX - 4
@aldunk - 1
@scole - 1

@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 60 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:

5UEHO3IOMBGMHPGXHLKOVDFKKU.JPG

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

@Sleezy E - 1

and
@Gearzilla - 1

Ok, time to get going with Week Seven (Eleven) - and maybe grab a Slurpee while you're at it.

7-eleven-3.jpg

This picture really captions itself, doesn't it?

Congrats to those who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why 7-11 Nachos are not a good source of nutrition even if you are homeless and starving, why you should really give all your gear to Do Something Challenge participants if you yourself are not going to Do Something, why the local police are still looking for me and my underage drinking buddies who never, ever sat behind a 7-11 downing Budweiser and then smashing the bottles against the wall every Friday night in the summer of 1985, why @Alex Kenivel believes with all his heart that all a musician ever needs is a 7-11 burrito to make "magical fruit music" and more, please refer to the Week One thread.

@Iron1
Not sure what your "real" job is, but I hope you're some kind of writer? I'd read your books.:grin
Tried sending you a PM, but can't figure out how. Possibly that system was rendered inert by the latest wave of magical fruit music...

There is a start conversation tab if you hoover over the person's profile pic. just saw it myself. sent you something

Today's guitar synths vs plug-in synths experiment. You really can't tell the difference.

Gear used in production;
Relish Mary One LTD,
Boss GM-800,
Boss SY-1000,
Logic Pro X Drummer,
Arturia Pigments,
Arturia MS-20 V,
Arturia DX7 V,
DS Audio Thorn,
u-he Diva,
Chase Bliss Mood MKII,
Meris LVX,

Last edited:
Today's guitar synths vs plug-in synths experiment. You really can't tell the difference.

Gear used in production;
Relish Mary One LTD,
Boss GM-800,
Boss SY-1000,
Logic Pro X Drummer,
Arturia Pigments,
Arturia MS-20 V,Arturia DX7 V,
DS Audio Thorn,
u-he Diva,
Chase Bliss Mood MKII,
Meris LVX,

Digging the textures and arrangement TJ.(y)

Threw one together today. Another instrumental (surprise) with guitar wankery and hackery throughout! My theme was using all 4 of the Vox Valvenergy pedals for guitar and bass. Cab IRs are Helix Native.
SD3 Drums. Hope you like it. If you don't then whateva man...:grin

Gear used in production;
Relish Mary One LTD,
Boss GM-800,
Boss SY-1000,
Logic Pro X Drummer,
Arturia Pigments,
Arturia MS-20 V,Arturia DX7 V,
DS Audio Thorn,
u-he Diva,
Chase Bliss Mood MKII,
Meris LVX,

Definitely couldn't tell the difference at all. Good stuff!
Threw one together today. Another instrumental (surprise) with guitar wankery and hackery throughout! My theme was using all 4 of the Vox Valvenergy pedals for guitar and bass. Cab IRs are Helix Native.
SD3 Drums. Hope you like it. If you don't then whateva man...:grin

Dig the upbeat nature of it. Had a "modern yet retro" vibe throughout too. (y)

Dig the upbeat nature of it. Had a "modern yet retro" vibe throughout too. (y)
Thanks! Kind of how I felt about it too. As you know, building a song can often goes places you don't expect. This one was definitely like that.

Total slacker for the challenge here, but not in music production! Been very busy, just not on challenge related stuff. I think I wrote 5 songs last week and got two of them pretty close to produced, but they will be posted in the Member Clips, Videos, and Projects section when done as they are not something I am doing outside my wheelhouse! Latest is a parody/cover of Tommy Tutone's "867-5309 Jenny" song from the 80's. I don't really care for that song, but the parody is hilarious IMO. Of course, considering it is political, I won't even be posting that on most gear/guitar forums because people don't know how to take a joke, so you just ban everything and turn the world into a grey blob!

Congrats to all who have posted, I will listen to them all! Maybe I will do another synth piece one of these nights after my girl goes to bed ;~))

Total slacker for the challenge here, but not in music production! Been very busy, just not on challenge related stuff. I think I wrote 5 songs last week and got two of them pretty close to produced, but they will be posted in the Member Clips, Videos, and Projects section when done as they are not something I am doing outside my wheelhouse! Latest is a parody/cover of Tommy Tutone's "867-5309 Jenny" song from the 80's. I don't really care for that song, but the parody is hilarious IMO. Of course, considering it is political, I won't even be posting that on most gear/guitar forums because people don't know how to take a joke, so you just ban everything and turn the world into a grey blob!

Congrats to all who have posted, I will listen to them all! Maybe I will do another synth piece one of these nights after my girl goes to bed ;~))

@JasonIsbell? :grin

Back