Do Something - Season Three - Week Seven (Eleven?)

Somebody Get Me A Doctor - Van Halen II Cover

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14647922

u4mytA3.jpg

This one doesn't feel done, but I ran out of time. Might continue tweaking it tomorrow...

Sounds great! At least you got something done.:grin

Me on the other hand...
May have to cram late tonight or early tomorrow.

Sounds great! At least you got something done.:grin

Me on the other hand...
May have to cram late tonight or early tomorrow.
Mine was crammed... at the end at least.

I was like
"Oh, I have time..."
:dink around for an hour - look at clock - panic that an hour went by with barely anything done - play/arrange/mix frantically: 🤣

So here's my craptastic entry for this week...
I said from the beginning I'd show worts and all as I tried to get this song done in 8 weeks (spoiler alert: I'm failing)

I still can't come up with a chorus I feel is worthy on this track.. the 2 in this cut were the best attempts I had at something .. I might go back to the original version.. I dunno...

Now the good news..
The verse vocals are pretty much done. For those playing at home, the scratch vocals from previous entries were tracked with a sm7. The new verse tracks are all on a Rode NTK. I think I might re-redo the main verse line back on the sm7 cause it bites a little more tho.

The mix is much tighter now..
Added some more texture here and there.. levels... de-essers.. dropped the lufts down a bit too which makes it a bit quieter but more dynamic imo.. and I haven't given up on that break juuuuuuust yet.

So here's my craptastic entry for this week...
I said from the beginning I'd show worts and all as I tried to get this song done in 8 weeks (spoiler alert: I'm failing)

I still can't come up with a chorus I feel is worthy on this track.. the 2 in this cut were the best attempts I had at something .. I might go back to the original version.. I dunno...

Now the good news..
The verse vocals are pretty much done. For those playing at home, the scratch vocals from previous entries were tracked with a sm7. The new verse tracks are all on a Rode NTK. I think I might re-redo the main verse line back on the sm7 cause it bites a little more tho.

The mix is much tighter now..
Added some more texture here and there.. levels... de-essers.. dropped the lufts down a bit too which makes it a bit quieter but more dynamic imo.. and I haven't given up on that break juuuuuuust yet.

Very catchy !

Nice groove

Back