Hey! Newbie here

Very informative. This answered all my queries.

Gonna take a nap now for 6 hours.
One thing that can mess with phase quite a bit is EQ,. Thats one reason why extreme eq setting can sound weird. If I were starting my gear journey over again, I would start with an HX Stomp, get that going into an interface and get a decent pair of studio monitors. Thats how I run and I love the sounds I get. Also, you can ad some nice finishing touches in a daw like this.

One thing that can mess with phase quite a bit is EQ,. Thats one reason why extreme eq setting can sound weird. If I were starting my gear journey over again, I would start with an HX Stomp, get that going into an interface and get a decent pair of studio monitors. Thats how I run and I love the sounds I get. Also, you can ad some nice finishing touches in a daw like this.

If I ever get a multi effects unit, it will be something like the old Boss ME-50.

I am clumsy and impatient. So instead of diving into menus and icons on a big display, anything with enough knobs would be easier to use for me. No hidden features. Added bonus of being able to tweak settings on the fly!

images.jpg

If I ever get a multi effects unit, it will be something like the old Boss ME-50.

I am clumsy and impatient. So instead of diving into menus and icons on a big display, anything with enough knobs would be easier to use for me. No hidden features. Added bonus of being able to tweak settings on the fly!

View attachment 27114
I have never owned any of the ME series, but the knobs are a plus. I had the Digitech RP360. I miss that thing sometimes, it had an lfo you could put on anything.

View attachment 27114
You should look at the new boss ME unit then. Seems like it’s well received by people.

You should look at the new boss ME unit then. Seems like it’s well received by people.

I am not a big effects user. I checked out the units released after ME 50, and they kept getting bigger and bigger.

I only use tuner and overdrive pedals. At the most, I would use another Overdrive, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, maybe a volume pedal. So theoretically anything like the ME 50 is perfect :)

I am currently using only a tuner pedal and a volume pedal. I also have an overdrive pedal (Boss SD-1) which I will never part with.

After some research online, I found out that there are some simple-to-use multi effects pedals, which have knobs like the one in the pic I have enclosed below. No menus/ screens. No hidden features. Nothing to worry about. They are kinda expensive though.

I have decided to keep some money aside every month, so that I can buy something like this after a few months.

Hopefully these will be as reliable as Boss units.

I will only buy it from a place/ online seller who have a good return policy, and from sellers who offer warranty.

1000077440.png

Last edited:
Back