Hey, intro and rig pics 👍 Tekbow welcomes all!

Those candles! I love your alter to the "dark one".

( Cliff Chase... who else were you thinking of? )

I've got those all over my apartment, they're just cheap LED candles from Amazon that are remote operated, but they do a great job at creating a chill vibe, especially with the LEDs. You can't see sh*t in here, but it puts you in a chill vibe immediately!

IMG_1534.jpg

That 2112 and MPX1 takes me back
I got rack fever during the corona apocalypse. :grin
I tried tweaking some settings in the MPX-1 but the battery is dead and needs to be changed so I just used the reverb presets. I just ordered the battery. Not looking forward to pulling it apart to solder a new one on but it needs to be done.

I slapped together a temporary desk top rack case with some scrap wood a couple of days ago so I could mess around with the 2120's effects for a recording (it has the firmware upgrade). I'm getting a little bored with plugins and thought I would try something different. I bypassed the processor's preamp settings and ran my Rocktron into it. The delays & chorus settings are pretty damn good when you run them at the maximum processor settings. Very 3D.

aJJ0ziv.jpg

Last edited:
I got rack fever during the corona apocalypse. :grin
I tried tweaking some settings in the MPX-1 but the battery is dead and needs to be changed so I just used the reverb presets. I just ordered the battery. Not looking forward to pulling it apart to solder a new one on but it needs to be done.

I slapped together a desk top rack case with some scrap wood a couple of days ago so I could mess around with the 2120's effects for a recording (it has the firmware upgrade). I'm getting a little bored with plugins and thought I would try something different. I bypassed the processor's preamp settings and ran my Rocktron into it. The delays & chorus settings are pretty damn good when you run them at the maximum processor settings. Very 3D.

aJJ0ziv.jpg

Here you are talking about your (no doubt lovely) rack, and all I can do is drool over that Bassman in the corner :LOL:

Here you are talking about your (no doubt lovely) rack, and all I can do is drool over that Bassman in the corner :LOL:
That's a Bassman 70 which is one of the dreaded ultra linear amps. I got it for free in pieces from a guy I bought a pair of empty 112 cabs from. He said it belonged to an old bandmate who screwed up a repair on it so it wasn't working. The dude replaced the main & standby switches with home center switches with flying leads and connected them with wirenuts. :rofl I just disconnected them and soldered them in correctly and it was good to go. The amp.sounds kickass boosted with a TS type pedal.

I recorded this test clip just after I finished putting it back together.

Last edited:
That's a Bassman 70 which is one of the dreaded ultra linear amps. I got it for free in pieces from a guy I bought a pair of empty 112 cabs from. He said it belonged to an sold bandmate who screwed up a repair on it so it wasn't working. The dude replaced the main & standby switches with home center switches with flying leads and connected them with wirenuts. :rofl I just disconnected them and soldered them in correctly and it was good to go. The amp.sounds kickass boosted with a TS type pedal.

Holy phuq! That sounds amazing!!! 😮

That's a Bassman 70 which is one of the dreaded ultra linear amps. I got it for free in pieces from a guy I bought a pair of empty 112 cabs from. He said it belonged to an old bandmate who screwed up a repair on it so it wasn't working. The dude replaced the main & standby switches with home center switches with flying leads and connected them with wirenuts. :rofl I just disconnected them and soldered them in correctly and it was good to go. The amp.sounds kickass boosted with a TS type pedal.

Wow - that sounds really good!

Back