Here we go again

A few rehearsals in with it now. I’ve found my first two issues that really annoy me.

The global EQ settings reset to default every time you turn it off, unless you opt-in to persisting them. No idea why the default behavior is to blow it out :wat

When presets first load they do not represent the current position of exp pedals. They just default to whatever the last saved setting was. So if I’ve got an exp pedal set to control a volume pedal and I save it with the volume at 0 when I go to the preset the volume will be 0 until I move the exp pedal. Even if I’ve got the pedal all the way up when I go to the preset.

So I’m going to have to buy an external volume pedal today :confused:
The global expression/volume pedal issue has been pointed out from the beginning. Fender reps at TOP were aware of it. Based on your experience, it hasn't been fixed with the updates.

If you ask me, I think that this issue is not admissible. Even cheap units have that solved.

A few rehearsals in with it now. I’ve found my first two issues that really annoy me.

The global EQ settings reset to default every time you turn it off, unless you opt-in to persisting them. No idea why the default behavior is to blow it out :wat

When presets first load they do not represent the current position of exp pedals. They just default to whatever the last saved setting was. So if I’ve got an exp pedal set to control a volume pedal and I save it with the volume at 0 when I go to the preset the volume will be 0 until I move the exp pedal. Even if I’ve got the pedal all the way up when I go to the preset.

So I’m going to have to buy an external volume pedal today :confused:
I thought they fixed an expression pedal issue? @JCW308 ?

They definitely haven’t fixed this one. I’m on the latest firmware.

One more thing that makes songs/setlists completely useless :confused:

Are you saying there's no global setting to change that behaviour?

Yes, this "feature" has been added. In other words, this huge bug has been fixed.

Is there some system setting or something to make it work? It doesn’t work by default?

I’m seeing this happen now on the current firmware

Are you saying there's no global setting to change that behaviour?
Likely an oversight and fender will just fix in update… they are new at this so overlook a lot of stuff(sic issue that’s seems to now be fixed?)
I hope they revamp the pod farm realestate waste of screen too.

Well, while I can't understand them to not have such a function in the first place, I can as well perfectly understand that they don't make it the default setting after an update, simply because some people wouldn't know WTF happened to their presets.

Well, while I can't understand them to not have such a function in the first place, I can as well perfectly understand that they don't make it the default setting after an update, simply because some people wouldn't know WTF happened to their presets.

True, but on the flip side of that to any new users who aren’t aware of the setting it looks like it’s still broken.

You shoulda heard the excuses. Unreal.

I can imagine. I’m sure that somehow this is the way it SHOULD be and it’s actually better :rofl

Never tried a TMP.. That will change tomorrow.. I was just expecting to plug my Mission expression pedal in and do either.. Furiously searching for my long lost vol pedal that I've used exactly once in a recording in the last 25 yrs ... But still :sofa

You're not playing slide guitar with a longneck beer bottle in dive bars while drunk cougars throw their undergarments at you, so I think some may have forgotten that you have a different set of requirements for your gear...
Sounds like my typical gig... what's not to like?:grin

Back