Here we go again

Yeah I wonder how much the SIC fix adds to the proceedings. Good that you are gelling with it the second time around!

I’ve been wondering that too. The Vox, Marshall and Mesa models sound a lot better than I remember and I’m wondering if maybe the SIC changes made the difference?

Ok, here’s a pic to illustrate.

The pink arrow is how far my foot has to move to hit the left switches, the pink lines are the position of my legs to do that.

The orange arrow and lines are to hit the right switches.

View attachment 26262
Now were talking!!!
Ok. I think i understand now. Your left foot is mostly already on the far left making the left switches easier to hit. Meanwhile your right foot is on/around the volume pedal.

So when you need to hit the right side switches with your left foot the problem is the distance and the movement of the whole leg, while trying to focus on other things. Understandable. This would be easier with a less wide modeler of course.

I get it!! Yaaaayyy

Now were talking!!!
Ok. I think i understand now. Your left foot is mostly already on the far left making the left switches easier to hit. Meanwhile your right foot is on/around the volume pedal.

So when you need to hit the right side switches with your left foot the problem is the distance and the movement of the whole leg, while trying to focus on other things. Understandable. This would be easier with a less wide modeler of course.

I get it!! Yaaaayyy

Exactly! That’s why I was thinking FM3 + FC6 so I could put the 6 switches on the left side

Bumping this…

For the fuck sakes if I can’t get my head around this.

So if your right foot is on the volume pedal…
Your guitar is on your right leg. So you are sitting down and playing.
And you need to hit switches with your left foot. That foot and leg is free to move (considering your head is busy doing other shit than looking at the switches).

Explain to me. How can the switches on the right be harder to hit??? Your volume is to the right of the modeler.
In my brain, the Fm9 is so wide that the switches under the display, the leftmost switches would be the ones further away from your foot.
The right switches must be closer to you than the leftmost switches….

Gawd damn help me understand! Because!!!

We want photos, angles, measurements and diagrams damnit!

Dog Math GIF

Graphs and charts or GTFO.
9b4c5146e6cd2feeaa2067cb08cd0987076663267b84f939f51e29e2b966bdd4.jpg

I’ve been wondering that too. The Vox, Marshall and Mesa models sound a lot better than I remember and I’m wondering if maybe the SIC changes made the difference?
I bought a second one recently myself. The SIC thing drove me nuts when I first had it as I mostly use IR’s I already know I like. Sounded not so great. When I saw they updated it and then some comparison videos where I thought it actually sounded better or as good as the main competitors I thought I’d give it another try. Much better! Like major major difference. A couple of good videos showing it are from Sonic Drive where he compares the Dual Rec’s in a bunch of modellers. I actually thought TMP beat fractal and QC in that one, which is pretty astounding. Also his test with the rockerverb and Soldano where they sound pretty identical are a good watch. Every comparison before the SIC update using an IR sounded like, garbage. I really love the work flow of the TMP a lot. The iPad app is amazing. Fractals are still here but we’ll see.

Picked up an fm9 today. Selling my ax3. Eventually I will have the TMP back too so in effect, the money from the axe3 funds both the fm9 and TMP.
I do think the soldano and 5150 are on par with Fractal. The Friedman is good enough and the Fender amps do the Fender thing.

I have actually owned QC and fractal (Axe3, FM9, FM3) as well as all the other main players in the digital space….my opinion isn’t just based on YouTube videos. I’ve A/B’d them too, it’s pretty much all a wash at this point. People will pick their tribe like they do with phones, gaming consoles, computers, cameras, trucks, cars, etc. etc.

I was just joking in how those sorts of comments can go over with certain tribes, to use your phrase. :LOL:

A few rehearsals in with it now. I’ve found my first two issues that really annoy me.

The global EQ settings reset to default every time you turn it off, unless you opt-in to persisting them. No idea why the default behavior is to blow it out :wat

When presets first load they do not represent the current position of exp pedals. They just default to whatever the last saved setting was. So if I’ve got an exp pedal set to control a volume pedal and I save it with the volume at 0 when I go to the preset the volume will be 0 until I move the exp pedal. Even if I’ve got the pedal all the way up when I go to the preset.

So I’m going to have to buy an external volume pedal today :confused:

Seems people will be reselling and rebuking the temp a lot like others have with the qc..

Back