Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

He made a nu metal album.
:rollsafe

Hahaha yeah, when my buddy Nacho moved down here originally he saw that band live a bunch. :rofl I think I heard recently nu-metal is making a comeback, or that’s what Metal Injection or Loudwire were saying, maybe it’s time for a revisit…..or we can just skip that and go right for the djent version.

Hahaha yeah, when my buddy Nacho moved down here originally he saw that band live a bunch. :rofl I think I heard recently nu-metal is making a comeback, or that’s what Metal Injection or Loudwire were saying, maybe it’s time for a revisit…..or we can just skip that and go right for the djent version.
Ross Robinson produced nu metal. Like Slipknot :whistle

-> setup your AC30 with the settings you want
-> in the Profiling Menu you will now be able to select the Liquid Profiling Menu option and then there will be an extra menu where you will load the new "Kemper AC30 Channel"
-> in that Kemper "AC30 Channel" menu, you then set the KPA Channel AC30 Amp Controls to be the same as those on your real amp
-> do your Profile
-> then when you load and use this "liquid AC30 Profile", the KPA already knows what the real amp Gain / EQ Stacks do across their full range ... so when you change the KPA G/B/M/T/P/C etc... it will - according to CK - react and sound identical to the way the controls on the real Amp will react and sound when you turn them.

Call me simple - you wont be the first :) - but this is such a brilliantly elegant solution to what many/most thought was "undoable" that I really hesitate to use the phrase .... but it is a big leap forward.
I won't call you simple, but I think this is more like a restatement of the problem than a "solution" per se. I.e.: the KPA "knows" what the real amp gain/ EQ stacks do across their full range.

main-qimg-e7249b04c39be889bd977518432fde58-lq

(But seriously, I take your point. That description of the workflow and UI elements makes good sense... as far as it goes.)

What makes something nu metal? Is it the time frame of release?

Hahahha I’ve been down this debate before and it’s a fruitless task.

Most tend to agree on these points-

A mixture of rap/clean/screaming vocals
DJ/beats/electronic music mixed with metal
Downtuned guitars

But that also ends up containing a bunch of other bands that have nothing to do with nu-metal. I never considered Mudvayne nu-metal, but man, I had like 5 pages on one forum telling me I was wrong about that. Mostly by people that can’t even name a Mudvayne song, but whatever.

I think at this point, the era is a bigger/better focal point for the title. I mean, I see no similarities between Linkin Park and Slipknot, but they’re both considered early nu-metal bands.

Downtuned guitars

But that also ends up containing a bunch of other bands that have nothing to do with nu-metal. I never considered Mudvayne nu-metal, but man, I had like 5 pages on one forum telling me I was wrong about that. Mostly by people that can’t even name a Mudvayne song, but whatever.

I think at this point, the era is a bigger/better focal point for the title. I mean, I see no similarities between Linkin Park and Slipknot, but they’re both considered early nu-metal bands.
Can I tag @la szum here :grin

Downtuned guitars

I think that's pretty accurate, although I'd add with the guitars they tend to be a lot more percussive than melodic. Overall you tend to have songs that are closer to being constructed off loops compared to the more classical or blues influences of older metal.

Also I think it's entirely possible for nu metal to have a wide range of bands that probably pisses off some fans of those bands. So for example Faith No More and Primus have a lot in common with nu metal and could be considered prototype bands for the genre. I'd say Mudvayne, Linkin Park, and Slipknot are all nu metal.

It's kind of like grunge being used to describe Melvins, Alice in Chains, and sometimes even Smashing Pumpkins. Those three bands don't have a lot in common with each other outside of roughly being hard rock bands of a similar era. But it's kind of the span of the genre.

I think that's pretty accurate, although I'd add with the guitars they tend to be a lot more percussive than melodic. Overall you tend to have songs that are closer to being constructed off loops compared to the more classical or blues influences of older metal.

Also I think it's entirely possible for nu metal to have a wide range of bands that probably pisses off some fans of those bands. So for example Faith No More and Primus have a lot in common with nu metal and could be considered prototype bands for the genre. I'd say Mudvayne, Linkin Park, and Slipknot are all nu metal.

It's kind of like grunge being used to describe Melvins, Alice in Chains, and sometimes even Smashing Pumpkins. Those three bands don't have a lot in common with each other outside of roughly being hard rock bands of a similar era. But it's kind of the span of the genre.
Primus, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins == alternative metal

having owned 5 Kemper units and sold them wanting this feature for years kind of leaves me a sour taste TBH. Weren't we always told Kemper is not capable of this when this was brought up?
I remember when it was a request and everybody including kemper team members/moderators telling us it was no necessary at all, that kempers didn’t need that at all.everybody was telling « I’ve never needed that fractal crap option in my kemper, it’s better this way » bla-bla-bla

Mr Kemper is a marketing genius for sure.

- Add usb audio for all unit more than 10 years after the first release is marketing.

- « Kemper profile store » is Apple marketing: it will attract a lots youtubers that want to make some money and they gonna make some good reviews « OMG KEMPER’S UPDATE IS A GaMe ChAnGeR, click the link to buy my profiles » we all know how this works nowadays.

- the « liquid profile » is gonna be another more layer to the tones. They will just replace their existing strange EQ (as nobody know the frequencies,slope etc) by a « limited » eq that will act more or less like the amps frequencies.

itˆs not gonna change the typical kemper mid compression, cocked wha and overexagerated attack response.

those who love the kemper for his particular tone will love it, others will hate it and otherd gonna tell you itˆs magical you buy their profiles

Back