Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Yesterday I was ready to trade/sell my Kemper

This morning I snagged a used Remote really cheap off the GC website

If that tells you anything
Just now really putting it to the test.

Yes, it is very good! Profiles the Stealth and added the 800 tone stack. Wow. Fantastic, dropping the gain...jaw drops with it.

Ok, sure.

The profile was very high gain, here I turned the gain down below half.

Some random tone testing for you:

Sounds great! And this is the stealth with the 800 tone stack? Already sounds super gained! Cant imagine full blast lol

Appreciate the upload

Tim(LiveReadySound), will you be providing the profile settings for your pre existing packs? I have about a dozen of them.
Really appreciate the purchases!

I wish I had them, but I didn't keep track. My thought was that micing the cabinet has such a large effect on the tone that it didn't make sense to. And when I started adding DA profiles to the packs I still didn't...there are a few profiles in some of the packs where all dials where at 5. Those are labeled as such.

From my limited testing, if the profile is balanced the tone stacks work great with them as is.

Last edited:
Sounds great! And this is the stealth with the 800 tone stack? Already sounds super gained! Cant imagine full blast lol

Appreciate the upload
The Stealth has it's own tone stack for sure. It has a very limited range where it sounds good.

Was turning gain down actually an issue before on the Kemper?

With the Quad Cortex, I felt turning down gain was what the captures did best, it was very similar to just turning down the gain on the real amp.

Was turning gain down actually an issue before on the Kemper?

With the Quad Cortex, I felt turning down gain was what the captures did best, it was very similar to just turning down the gain on the real amp.

Yep.

Cant - and never will speak for the QC :) - but turning down the gain on original / legacy profiles was never an issue as the KPA "knew" what was going up to the gain point where the real amp was set.

The issue was always changing the EQ up or down -and- increasing the Gain.

Early days but so far sounding good.

Ben

if it sounds there like I am hearing it, I agree. Sounds like warmed over dog poo to me.

tbf that stuff is probably dialed in to be blasted at near stadium levels in the band mix - that's not really an album tone

I own a GT.

I just cranked that video through my Matrix and Celestion F12 up loud ... and those tones absolutely f%cking rock ... as good as anything to be totally honest !

Tough crowd around here :)

Ben

An "official" KPA L.P video. The live tweaking of the EQ seems very amp like to me and nothing like the [old] harsh EQ adjustments.

Its early but [still] looking very good.

Ben

Another Video from the Aussie Kemper guy ... this time doing some simple Gain changes with a Liquid Profile of a Plexi .... I'm not a Plexi expert but the Gain on the L.P *seems* to operate in a very Plexi-amp-like way:-

Again ... early days but still looking very good ..... an issue though ..... Kemper will probably need to address the Volume Increasing as the Gain turns down as that seems to be over compensating.

Ben

Again ... early days but still looking very good ..... an issue though ..... Kemper will probably need to address the Volume Increasing as the Gain turns down as that seems to be over compensating.
The Kemper’s had the ability to address that for a long time, it’s one of the basic features called Clean Sens.

Can confirm it’s more useful turning down the gain especially with amps that have bright caps. It’s not modeling gain but it seems to be modeling how the bright cap works and maybe interacts with the tone stack?

Before it was more like a generic clean, now it sounds more like a good cleaner version of the amp.

Regardless I’m spending way less time fussing with the amps than before. And so far I’m just using older profiles not new ones made with liquid profiling.

Found it!

IMG_1426.jpeg

Back