Helix Talk

If I pull the HX one completely out of the chain my signal still sounds pretty much the same as it does when it’s in there with the DSP buffering :idk

Definitely sounds like there's something not right with it. Have you tried going straight into the amp and then through the hx one into the amp on its own?

Definitely sounds like there's something not right with it. Have you tried going straight into the amp and then through the hx one into the amp on its own?

I’ll try that here shortly l. I use it in 4CM so I’ll try it both that way and then just through the fx loop and up front independently too

Exact same deal with only the HX one in the chain in any configuration 4CM or not. Signal loss, dramatic tone shitification and a high pitch squeal when switched to true bypass :idk

That can't be right, there's got to be something wrong. Power supply issue maybe?

Multiple 500ma power supplies tested still the same deal

Honestly if the unit is actually faulty and I can get it sorted under warranty that would make me feel a bit better than just crossing my fingers and hoping I don’t have an issue again :LOL:

Multiple 500ma power supplies tested still the same deal

Honestly if the unit is actually faulty and I can get it sorted under warranty that would make me feel a bit better than just crossing my fingers and hoping I don’t have an issue again :LOL:

Definitely worth speaking to the place you bought it.

Definitely worth speaking to the place you bought it.

I ordered it from n stuff music last November so I feel like I’m probably well outside of any sort of help from them?

I should still be within manufacturer warranty though, but for some reason the line 6 “service center finder” isn’t showing me any results at all within the US?

I have seen this problem even with fractal... it is definitely not a good idea that some digital electronic components receive direct sunlight and put themselves on thermal brake to protect themselves and the device does not respond until its temperature returns to the working temperature.

Just on the heating of objects in direct sunlight - look at the track surface temperature data for race tracks. It is not uncommon to get temperatures on black road surfaces of 50 and 55 degrees celsius. So up to 130 degrees F surface temps. So you have a pedal which is generating heat from its circuitry, it has an upper surface maybe at 120 or 130 degrees and no active ventilation. Circuitry doesn't always like those temps - eg LCD displays stop working all the time under the direct summer sun.

Dear Line 6,
You don’t need to wait 20 years to come out with Helix MkII like you did with the DL4. Despite what @Digital Igloo says, we’d probably be fine with a dsp increase, other minor improvements, and of course bold new colors (Blonde! British Racing Green! Oxblood!). Just don’t do any cross marketing with the automobile industry.

And plenty of folks will swear by their “Vintage Helix” until 2 generations look down their bionic noses at us.

1725900434709.png

Back