Helix 3.8 when?

Even if they could, why would they release that product before the HX stuff is otherwise OEL?
Apart from that, look at the current generation of modelers. Everyone's cooking with water, as the saying goes.

Younger competitors have touch screens, a bit more DSP, and some of them come with capturing/profiling capabilities, but that's it.

The "shitloads of DSP" follow-ups haven't hit the streets so far, and the "new features we didn't even know we wanted" are still hidden inside someone's fortune teller toolbox. 😁

We'll most definitely know it when it's out there.

Fall Season Halloween GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

It is curious and at the same time a little demotivating to see that this update no longer excites users and to spice it up... l6 takes almost a year for a launch that "will not be so big, nor so important"... the time has come to get rid of 2015 hardware?

the time has come to get rid of 2015 hardware?

Why exactly?
Even if I stop using the Stomp on my main pedalboard (for which there might be reasons one day), I could still imagine a whole bunch of things I'd be using it for. As long as I can run a matching version of HX Native and HX Edit along with it, it'll likely never be outdated for me.
And all this considering there'd never be any further updates. It just suits a whole lot of purposes exactly as is.

Last edited:
stomp is a different beast... (and it is not 2015 hardware)... I consider that the stomp is unbeatable!... I would have one again even if it were not updated anymore! I'm just saying, it takes you too long for a small update (badly raised child tantrum)

It is curious and at the same time a little demotivating to see that this update no longer excites users and to spice it up... l6 takes almost a year for a launch that "will not be so big, nor so important"... the time has come to get rid of 2015 hardware?
The current Helix Core modeling engine is from November 2022. It was further improved in November 2023. There will be further tweaks to the underlying engine this fall. Anyone implying Helix's engine is from 2015 hasn't been paying attention.
If I read the above statement correctly, then this release will include two amp-engine revisions, the November 2023 revision, and the Fall 2024 revision. Since I'm pretty happy and set with my presets, amp-engine improvements are the most exciting thing to me.

Last edited:
I don't keep my Helix to be excited with updates, but to play music with it. And it looks like it will keep being useful for that for a few more years xD

But yeah, I miss the old hype a bit. I'd be really hyped with more modulation effects or poly synths.

And while I love amps and cabs, I have more than I need right now. But hey, I updated all my presets recently to switch cleans to Line6 Clarity and slightly dirty to Brit 2203, so I'm curious about new additions :)

Back