Helix 3.60 update, Deluxe Comp distortion?

I think I remember that. Wasn't that an honest mistake?
Removing the MIDI loopback cable bypassed the Command Center corruption bug.

But the MIDI loopback cable had to be there to deal with the Auto Engage bug

It was pretty much having to pick which bug was worse

Go ahead and tell that story. It was still a bug. It was "solved" by making a hardware change that shouldn't have had to be made and wouldn't had there NOT been a bug...

But wait it gets better:

The reason for even finding THAT bug was because the said hardware solution was in place because of ANOTHER bug regarding Toggle/Heel Down/Heel up

And it gets juicier still because the thread describing THAT bug was absolutely chock full of Apologetics and piles of "how short was your dress" posts. It was locked, which led to another thread describing the same problem with more Apologetics and how short was your dress until the bug

YES, THE BUG

Was finally confirmed by DI

So go ahead, tell everyone about how THE BUG I found with Loopback, which I only found because of THE BUG I found with Auto-Engage was somehow "actually solved at step 1"

Let's hear this version of revisionist history and even DI will tell you, even the hardware workaround exposed another bug
Removing the MIDI loopback cable bypassed the Command Center corruption bug.

But the MIDI loopback cable had to be there to deal with the Auto Engage bug

It was pretty much having to pick which bug was worse
Eh. No. The only actual bug out of the list you had was the heel-down expression pedal behavior not getting saved. There was no "Command Center corruption bug." If you recall, you made a thread admonishing Line 6 for their "unusable" firmware update, claiming it was locking up your hardware at random times. I jumped in to help you, and the very first thing I suggested was unplugging everything because you'd already mentioned you'd plugged the MIDI out into the MIDI in to create a loopback.

After two hours of testing things on my hardware for you, including building you a new template for all the Command Center changes you wanted that you hadn't implemented correctly, I again asked you if you had unplugged everything. You claimed you had.

Then you disappeared without having the courtesy to tell me you were leaving, when I'd been helping you real-time for over 2 hours. That was the part that irked me. I stayed up another hour waiting to see if you'd reappear, and you didn't.

The next day, we found out you never unplugged the MIDI loopback even though you said you did (twice!), and your Command Center instant commands were causing an endless loop. It was working exactly how you'd told it to--upon changing snapshots, it would send an instant command to switch the snapshot, which triggered the next instant command on your MIDI loopback, which switched the snapshot, which triggered the next instant command... I explained this in detail in several later replies to you, such as this one:

Screenshot 2023-05-25 183431.png

It wasn’t bug? Funny that the loopback cable no longer causes command center corruption. Go try it yourself
Bro. There's no way I can make this any clearer to you. There was no "Command Center corruption." It was operating exactly as intended, as you told it to, and I'm sure if you re-connected that MIDI loopback with the same Command Center instant commands as before, it would do the exact same thing. It's a basic endless loop, and as as a coder you should understand that. It wasn't "corrupting." It was locking up on your hardware every time you tried to set those commands because you created an endless loop via that MIDI cable loopback and the the Instant commands that you were setting yourself.

Honestly, the only reason I still bring this up is because you never bothered to thank me for sacrificing 3 hours of my time and sleep to help you, nor apologized for disappearing when I'd been actively helping you and exchanging test files for hours, nor for saying you'd disconnected that loopback when you hadn't. That's why I decided I would think twice before helping you anymore.

There was command center corruption. It was writing modified data to the preset file WITHOUT the user saving it. I’m done arguing revisionist history with you and I notice you try and use this to score some points while completely avoiding the central issue that the only reason I even had to put a loopback cable on in the first place was because of another bug and when that bug was discussed the Apologetics were so insane that the threads were getting locked. But turns out I was right, there WAS an auto engage bug where parameter data was being modified without the user prompting it. In that case I believe it always reverted to “toggle”

But revel in your attempt at deflection and back to ignore.

There was command center corruption. It was writing modified data to the preset file WITHOUT the user saving it. I’m done arguing revisionist history with you and I notice you try and use this to score some points while completely avoiding the central issue that the only reason I even had to put a loopback cable on in the first place was because of another bug and when that bug was discussed the Apologetics were so insane that the threads were getting locked. But turns out I was right, there WAS an auto engage bug where parameter data was being modified without the user prompting it. In that case I believe it always reverted to “toggle”

But revel in your attempt at deflection and back to ignore.

No, there wasn't Command Center corruption. As soon as you set up the instant commands to be sent via MIDI and then changed snapshots, you'd trigger the next snapshot change via your MIDI loopback. To you, it looked like it was corrupting or changing things on its own, but it was really just doing what you told it to because you never unhooked that loopback.

A number of the other behaviors you saw at the time that you claimed were bugs were also related to this, which I tried to explain to you--fruitlessly.

As I said above, the only real bug was the expression pedal heel-down behavior not being saved, which is indeed why you connected the MIDI loopback. That's what you saw being changed in Notepad. But all the other issues after that were a result of that loopback.

I think DI said it best about this exact issue. Your "revelation" was exactly what I'd already told you to do, twice, the day before:
Screenshot 2023-05-25 194602.png

I won't beat this dead horse any further. I can't explain it any more clearly. I've tried!

I usually try all three: their forums, 3rd party/facebook forums and their ticket system, sometimes the techs on there don't talk to each other or check previous tickets from the same report. When it comes to hardware, I got some ridiculously good, quick service on Relay G50's. One died after the first use, support had one out to me extremely fast after receiving the old unit, unfortunately, that one also died on the second use. Third one, so far so good. But on the Helix Native registration problems, it seems like we have to go back to the absolute beginning every time, and still no resolution after all these years (not just me, this was a known issue long before I got helix native). With the software bugs, (or my own pilot error) the forums and facebook usually work way faster and eventually if enough see it, DI or other Line6 people seem to bump up the ticket priority in tech support, or somehow escalate it to where it gets addressed.

Back