Helix 3.60 update, Deluxe Comp distortion?

I see. Due to fight club I didn't exactly update from 3.5 to 3.6 so maybe that explains why I didn't see a difference

Huh, I may be having this same problem. Just got a new lap steel, ran it into a blank preset, added a Deluxe Comp with Attack at 0.1ms, and was getting distortion with just that one block. I assumed something was wrong with the lap steel, but tonight I'll go back and check with another guitar.

0.1 on that thing does exactly what you would think it does, goes so fast that it rides any bass wave and turns into farts....my issue is that mine were set with much longer attack times and the 3.6 updates set them to maximum fast

Huh, I may be having this same problem. Just got a new lap steel, ran it into a blank preset, added a Deluxe Comp with Attack at 0.1ms, and was getting distortion with just that one block. I assumed something was wrong with the lap steel, but tonight I'll go back and check with another guitar.

I can now confirm that FW3.6 introduced distortion with the Attack at 0.1ms that wasn't there with FW3.5. Here's a clip comparing 3.6 vs. 3.5:

@Digital Igloo

I can now confirm that FW3.6 introduced distortion with the Attack at 0.1ms that wasn't there with FW3.5. Here's a clip comparing 3.6 vs. 3.5:

@Digital Igloo

Then I’m not losing my mind, thanks!!!

DI is out of the country right now so he won’t be seeing this any time soon. I don’t know how to officially report a bug to L6.

D

Very strange.
Shouldn't changes to the sound processing of effects be mentioned in the change log?

There was also a tweak that partially broke the Double Take that wasn't mentioned (link).

And the Snapshot compatibility of some effects broke between 3.5 and 3.6 mentioned in this thread and on TGP too.
I've noticed a couple bugs on my Helix Floor, one being when importing a preset using the AC30 Fawn the snapshot state of the amp treble parameter is not saved. It is set to either 0 or 10, seemingly at random.

Is there some background work being done in preparation for something?

This is the story of my life...I find a pile of bugs early on.

Then the Apologetics starts

Four million red herrings get thrown

I doubt myself

Then everyone else finds the same bugs eventually

Apologetics?
Like who, the people who tried to help in this thread?

Fuck that, I know what I'm not doing anymore.

Apologetics?
Like who, the people who tried to help in this thread?

f**k that, I know what I'm not doing anymore.
I know he's not talking about any of us. There was absolutely none of that so far in this thread.
Let me tell you guys a little story about a user named SM who once helped another user named PA for hours, and decided he also shouldn’t do it again. The story is called “MIDI Loopback and Other Endless Loops: Hours Wasted Troubleshooting A Problem That Was Actually Solved at Step 1” :columbo

I think I remember that. Wasn't that an honest mistake?

The Deluxe Comp distorting at the earliest attack time is definitely a thing. I'm not sure whether it's a new thing or not. I don't really remember it happening pre-3.60 but I don't usually go setting my attack time that early

Go ahead and tell that story. It was still a bug. It was "solved" by making a hardware change that shouldn't have had to be made and wouldn't had there NOT been a bug...

But wait it gets better:

The reason for even finding THAT bug was because the said hardware solution was in place because of ANOTHER bug regarding Toggle/Heel Down/Heel up

And it gets juicier still because the thread describing THAT bug was absolutely chock full of Apologetics and piles of "how short was your dress" posts. It was locked, which led to another thread describing the same problem with more Apologetics and how short was your dress until the bug

YES, THE BUG

Was finally confirmed by DI

So go ahead, tell everyone about how THE BUG I found with Loopback, which I only found because of THE BUG I found with Auto-Engage was somehow "actually solved at step 1"

Let's hear this version of revisionist history and even DI will tell you, even the hardware workaround exposed another bug

Back