Thinking about my next head...

I’m feeling a 75% chance of ordering a 5153 next week….

That said…

FYI, Roadster doesn’t have the old loop problem. It’s serial.

There is a roadster on marketplace foe $1350. It’s been on there for months but Seems like likely the best deal I’ll likely find on one of those. More than I want to spend for an immediate purchase vs a cheapo 5153 but at the same time… (already tried to offer lower, he won’t)

I’m feeling a 75% chance of ordering a 5153 next week….

That said…

There is a roadster on marketplace foe $1350. It’s been on there for months but Seems like likely the best deal I’ll likely find on one of those. More than I want to spend for an immediate purchase vs a cheapo 5153 but at the same time… (already tried to offer lower, he won’t)
Dude, that’s a fuckton of an amp for that price. I’d pull trigger asap

Dude, that’s a *****ton of an amp for that price. I’d pull trigger asap

Yeah I feel like it would be dumb not to at that price…

I feel like the price of 5153s will remain static for a while to come if I decide I still want one later on :bag

Wouldn’t pull the trigger til payday, if it’s still there (which it’s been sitting for ages) maybe it’s meant to be. Or maybe I should see if he’ll hold it lol

I sold my VHT/Fryette Sig:X amp recently. I'm not reaaaaaaally looking for an amp at the moment... but I do have a bit of a boner for a Revv 100R. I know a few of you guys around here aren't into them, and I've never played a real one, but I love the models on the Helix.

The only other amp I'm curious about is the Badlander, but you just can't get them in the UK right now. Coz Gibson are wank I guess???

Well sounds like homie is gonna hold the roadster til next week for me. So I pretty pumped

I need to stay off marketplace/Craigslist/forums in general. Little wheels get turning in my head then suddenly I’m acquiring excessive amounts of near gear :rofl

I sold my VHT/Fryette Sig:X amp recently. I'm not reaaaaaaally looking for an amp at the moment... but I do have a bit of a boner for a Revv 100R. I know a few of you guys around here aren't into them, and I've never played a real one, but I love the models on the Helix.

The only other amp I'm curious about is the Badlander, but you just can't get them in the UK right now. Coz Gibson are wank I guess???

Buddy of mine has that Revv. It’s a badass amp, I have nothing but good things to say about the tones. I think I did like the tones or the sig x I used to have better, but that’s probably just a preference thing and I have a big fryette soft spot.

Just one thing of note , he had a fairly major relay switching issue on his. Was covered under warranty , but the local authorized tech couldn’t fix it and it had to go to Quebec to get repaired. He was without the amp for something like 4-6months. On the off chance you had a similar issue I’d imagine that would be an even bigger headache across the pond. Still not sure why they didn’t just give him a replacement

Well sounds like homie is gonna hold the roadster til next week for me. So I pretty pumped

I need to stay off marketplace/Craigslist/forums in general. Little wheels get turning in my head then suddenly I’m acquiring excessive amounts of near gear :rofl

Buddy of mine has that Revv. It’s a badass amp, I have nothing but good things to say about the tones. I think I did like the tones or the sig x I used to have better, but that’s probably just a preference thing and I have a big fryette soft spot.

Just one thing of note , he had a fairly major relay switching issue on his. Was covered under warranty , but the local authorized tech couldn’t fix it and it had to go to Quebec to get repaired. He was without the amp for something like 4-6months. On the off chance you had a similar issue I’d imagine that would be an even bigger headache across the pond. Still not sure why they didn’t just give him a replacement
That is pretty annoying!!!

Good call on the Roadster! Congrats. Can probably grab a 5153 from now into perpetuity. Roadster
deal is probably once in a lifetime sort of thing. :beer

Back