Helix 3.5 Stuck on Boot screen.

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
So, was doing the update and got to this part:

Line 6:
  1. Helix Floor/Rack/LT only: Halfway through the update to 3.50, Helix's LCD reads "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" THIS IS NORMAL. Breathe deep, everything is fine. You're almost there.
    • MoveAlong.jpg.178f5fc3b9e6bdeec47d4a5935e47444.jpg
    • HX Edit will display a message indicating the device must be reset. Click resume and wait for the second part of the update to complete.

Except, I never got a "Resume" option and now it's stuck on that screen. Dug around on the Line 6 site and some other forums and see I'm not the only one, but no answers as to how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Note this upgrade can take a long time to complete:

Screenshot from 2022-11-04 01-15-34.png

I presume yours is taking longer than that?

Note this upgrade can take a long time to complete:

View attachment 2135
I presume yours is taking longer than that?
Yes. It made it thru the first portion in about 15 minutes, then 30 minutes later still no resume button.

I just found an old forum post where this issue occurred with a previous firmware and the fix was to use L6 Updater to fix it. So trying that now…

Strange. With my upgrade of the Stomp, on my Mac - not only did it take only about 15 minutes, but I never saw the above Boot Failure screen. It just finished. Strange.

Strange. With my upgrade of the Stomp, on my Mac - not only did it take only about 15 minutes, but I never saw the above Boot Failure screen. It just finished. Strange.

I updated both my Stomp and Stomp XL today. I noticed the Stomp updated a bit faster; i wonder if it's because i kept only a few custom presets on it.

Back