Helix 3.2 when?

the updated bass cabs have been awesome for me. Helix Native is such a solid all round bass plugin, loads of scope to find a tone where it’ll fit into any mix. The new cab section makes it really easy to find the right mic and position and it’s just a way better experience all round than before.

As cool as the other updates have been, I think using it on bass has been the biggest improvement for me

I installed the new factory presets last night and futzed around a bit with them. There are some nice ones in there. Dual cabs do sound great, generally speaking. I still see myself tweaking for the heck of it versus actually being productive. Which honestly happens with any piece of gear I have :bag

I installed the new factory presets last night and futzed around a bit with them. There are some nice ones in there. Dual cabs do sound great, generally speaking. I still see myself tweaking for the heck of it versus actually being productive. Which honestly happens with any piece of gear I have :bag

Same. I tried the Invective, to see what it sounds like, because I've never heard the amp, and then "played" with the cab block, only because I could.

I didn't check out the factory presets yet.

Same. I tried the Invective, to see what it sounds like, because I've never heard the amp, and then "played" with the cab block, only because I could.

I didn't check out the factory presets yet.
I pretty much geeked out on the Badonkalicious preset (a term which I believe I coined :chef ) and the dual cab block was a 906 and some oddball condenser? It sounded great.

Don’t read my “rant on myself” thread…

Don’t read my “rant on myself” thread…
Nancy Travis Dare GIF by Last Man Standing

I pretty much geeked out on the Badonkalicious preset (a term which I believe I coined :chef ) and the dual cab block was a 906 and some oddball condenser? It sounded great.

The little bit that I played around, I'm finding that I like that 906, which, is just like the real world.

It's weird, I, like many people, don't like messing with a ton of options, so it's kind of a dichotomy for me, I was able to get a REALLY good tone, quickly, by messing around, BUT, there can be a lot of tweaking, with good results, which, could encourage more tweaking.

the updated bass cabs have been awesome for me. Helix Native is such a solid all round bass plugin, loads of scope to find a tone where it’ll fit into any mix. The new cab section makes it really easy to find the right mic and position and it’s just a way better experience all round than before.

As cool as the other updates have been, I think using it on bass has been the biggest improvement for me
I just wish Helix could run the 50th Anniversary SVT models from the Ampeg SVT Suite plugin. (They're too big.) That thing sounds glorious.

I just wish Helix could run the 50th Anniversary SVT models from the Ampeg SVT Suite plugin. (They're too big.) That thing sounds glorious.
Been so tempted to buy this before, maybe i’ll have to keep an eye out this month…..

Is there any existing Helix tech in that software?

Just like with IRs, I plan on saving a few as favorites after getting to know them and then avoiding tweaking in the future. I think I'm getting close to that point. Tweaking in Helix Native in the context of a mix is really helpful for this.

The Cali V30 sounds great to me, so I'm forcing myself to branch out more, but that's my basis of comparison for everything else. Likewise for mics I really like the U47 and consider everything relative to that - e.g. the U67 is flatter and lacks the upper mid boost, the 906 has more presence, the 30 has an even bigger upper mid boost.

But I'm enjoying the learning process compared to IRs and I do find the workflow a lot easier, especially in Native. Getting the balance of fizz to cut through without being obnoxious has never been easier and that's something I've always struggled with recording high gain guitars.

I've been playing with the new cabs a whole lot and I can definitely say that this kind of tech will replace the rudimentary 'list' in the future but not until it will allow third party.
Be it in a form of a virtual mic like in Amplitube/Metallurgy/Helix/QC or in a multi-source surround mixer which essentially is what it is.

In the future you will buy a non-proprietary virtual cab file, import it into your modeler and freely move many virtual mics over all of its speakers, this combines the best of all worlds and several steps closer towards realism, added bonus if it has nice graphics and looks like the real gear.

Line 6's Orange 2x12 sounds the closest to my oversized 1x12 with my Vintage 30, I also think the Orange 2x12 a REALLY good sounding capture of that cab.
Yep... its the one I stop at when scrolling the cabs just playing. Its "comfortable" and balanced. I added a low cut at 80 and set the condenser at cap edge and that's basically fine and dandy. I will test it in dual, but so far I feel its full and clear with just one mic.

Using the Ventoux.

Back