Helix 3.2 when?

DI said at the other place that "3.20 will make it fairly obvious what's to come in 3.30 and beyond." Any guesses as to what that means?
I think we will se a transition of the cabs to the new cab, maybe in increments. It’s a lot of work after all. And there are some really sweet cabs that is waiting in their HQ to be re-shot.

That’s only one thing, but it’s what i suspect will happen that is obvious.

I'm having a problem with 3.5 and my DAW (Cakewalk by Bandlab on Windows 10). Was working fine yesterday prior to the update. I'm not convinced Windows is using the right (new?) driver. Anyone have similar issues and work through them successfully?

I'm having a problem with 3.5 and my DAW (Cakewalk by Bandlab on Windows 10). Was working fine yesterday prior to the update. I'm not convinced Windows is using the right (new?) driver. Anyone have similar issues and work through them successfully?
I've heard reports of an issue with Cakewalk

Cakewalk by Bandlab here too.
Program Change doesn't work, but other CC controller assignments are working correctly.
I'm not sure if program change worked on 3.15?

I've heard reports of an issue with Cakewalk
Well, I'm glad it's not just me.
Cakewalk by Bandlab here too.
Program Change doesn't work, but other CC controller assignments are working correctly.
I'm not sure if program change worked on 3.15?
Mine just freezes completely, can't even get into native to do a backup like DI suggested in the Native release notes. It's just launches in a frozen state. In my setup I use my Helix LT as audio interface/sound card so that may be exacerbating things. Guess I'll have to go back to 3.15 unti I figure out how to fix it. Dang :mad:

Edit: I disconnected the usb connection to the Helix LT and the DAW works as expected. So I'm pretty certain this is a 3.500 erm, feature. I'm in the process of rolling back to 3.15, will report back how that goes.

Last edited:
My Cakewalk issues are weird. I hadn't used it in a few months, but prior it was working fine. Now suddenly the transport Start/Stop button, which is the spacebar, crashes the app. Will do a new test this weekend without the Helix plugin and see if it's related or not.

Hahahah I did this last night and considered grabbing one at GC today, but know that if I go there, I’ll walk out with a Marshall Origin head. I think I’m going to try the Helix plug-in later today, I’ve never played with any of the Helix stuff at all, my curiosity is piqued.
Hard to beat the plugin trial for checking out the basics.

My Cakewalk issues are weird. I hadn't used it in a few months, but prior it was working fine. Now suddenly the transport Start/Stop button, which is the spacebar, crashes the app. Will do a new test this weekend without the Helix plugin and see if it's related or not.
That's basically the same thing that is happening to me. I pulled the usb cable from my LT and the DAW worked fine. I happened to be in a project without an instance of Native so I don't think it is a native thing. My cakewalk was working fine yesterday afternoon prior to the 3.50 update to the hardware.

Hahahah I did this last night and considered grabbing one at GC today, but know that if I go there, I’ll walk out with a Marshall Origin head. I think I’m going to try the Helix plug-in later today, I’ve never played with any of the Helix stuff at all, my curiosity is piqued.
Yup, fired up the Axe Fx and that helped. I still think the stomp might be the way to go

Just run the Helix into an Origin combo. Done.

:rofl

I think I’ll avoid guitar shops this weekend so I don’t stumble across a Stomp and buy one out of 3.5 curiosity.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

Mine just freezes completely, can't even get into native to do a backup like DI suggested in the Native release notes. It's just launches in a frozen state. In my setup I use my Helix LT as audio interface/sound card so that may be exacerbating things. Guess I'll have to go back to 3.15 unti I figure out how to fix it. Dang :mad:

Edit: I disconnected the usb connection to the Helix LT and the DAW works as expected. So I'm pretty certain this is a 3.500 erm, feature. I'm in the process of rolling back to 3.15, will report back how that goes.
That's basically the same thing that is happening to me. I pulled the usb cable from my LT and the DAW worked fine. I happened to be in a project without an instance of Native so I don't think it is a native thing. My cakewalk was working fine yesterday afternoon prior to the 3.50 update to the hardware.

Okay, this is not good at all. Rolled back to 3.15 and the problem persists, so the 3.50 update changed/broke something the reverting back did not correct. DAW still works with the hardware device set to be my internal sound card, but is dead as soon as I touch the transport with Helix LT connected. So I have to change my response to 3.50 to a "thumbs-down". I've got ongoing projects that are now dead in the water. Ugh!

Okay, this is not good at all. Rolled back to 3.15 and the problem persists, so the 3.50 update changed/broke something the reverting back did not correct. DAW still works with the hardware device set to be my internal sound card, but is dead as soon as I touch the transport with Helix LT connected. So I have to change my response to 3.50 to a "thumbs-down". I've got ongoing projects that are now dead in the water. Ugh!
Is your home studio dependent on it like that guy with his FM3?

Hmm, I went to download the trial and it just takes me to this page-

Ok, now I can't load a screenshot.....I'm just going to go play my guitar for a bit, every piece of technology I've touched in the last 5 minutes said "F*ck you, Drew! You're over covid so f*ck you now!"

The site is saying there is no available software to download, regardless of what I put in the dropbox down menus.

Back