Hagar Anthony VH song on Stern -Satch using modeler

1705859956223.gif

But I don't want to Sammy-bash too much. Glad the guy is still around and is doing this tour with Satch. I'm excited about seeing it!

(And I feel like @la szum is going to come in and give us all shit for taking this off the rails in a pissy, negative direction…) :rofl

Haha! This thread has always been negative and pissy with the vibes---- :pitchforks :hmm

That is why I made the other one

for those into enjoying life, and celebrating greatness, rather than playing the game where mediocre people
get to tell icons that they should be doing instead. :rofl

Haha! This thread has always been negative and pissy with the vibes---- :pitchforks :hmm

That is why I made the other one

for those into enjoying life, and celebrating greatness, rather than playing the game where mediocre people
get to tell icons that they should be doing instead. :rofl
Beyonce Mirror GIF

Whatever, JT! I am one of the most positive people in my realm of influence. I know what's on my plate right now
and how I am dealing with it, and how much my efforts are appreciated by people who know me well.

Think and say what you want. Your dark insinuations will not bring me down, or deter me. :beer
I WAS LOOKING AT MYSELF!!!!!

For real. Say what you want about DLR's singing live (specially on Van Halen's comeback tour after Cherone) but that guy could throw down lyrics, and is probably top-5 frontman material across rock history.

Love Hagar's singing, but he could never write anything smart and tongue-in-cheek like this:

DLR also wrote and plays all the acoustic rhythm guitar on that. Eddie is only on slide.

Very well put, and I largely feel the same way. Like, the music is great. I just can’t handle DLR’s “obnoxious” persona.

My first album ever was 1984. I was amazed with the band, dig the big songs on it, but still found DLR unappealing.

It’s weird; I get why people like that era so much. It’s just not me. Could also very much be because I came of age in the Van Hagar era, and probably associate that with my youth.
I think dlr fit the group wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. He was a showman and over the top like musicians were back in that time. Hager is like rik derringer to me from back in the day: good musicians but not unique showmen. DLr could be steve martins brother now and last i heard he was doing vegas. sad. But with this new gig hager is a better fit for sure as eddie and his bro arent involved.

Hahahahah Dave can smoke me when it comes to fingerstyle playing. Shit like this is the exact reason I'd love to just observe the guy; you'd never guess the guy can play as well as he can.

There's more goin' on in that dude's head than what we get to see.

Have you guys seen any of the videos from the recent Eddie Trunk event with Michael Anthony plus various other musicians doing Van Halen stuff?

Mike pretty much nails all the Roth vocals!

For me personally, nobody matches DLR on the album tracks for Van Halen thru 1984, or the first 3 DLR albums. Creative, humorous, clever lyrics full of imagery and a great vocal delivery full of soulfulness and swagger...

But almost everything I've seen of him live is a bit embarrassing.

Sammy would be the go-to guy for a party, obviously, but I'd actually like to just sit and observe DLR do his thing for a bit. Maybe engage on occasion. I listened to some of his podcast a couple years ago and that dude is absolutely intelligent. I'm curious where the famous DLR ends and the real one begins.

Roth worked as an EMT for a while after dropping out of the spotlight, so there are quite a few layers to the guy.

DLR did a long (3 hourish) segment on Rogan that was entertaining as fuck. :chef

He is the Emcee of his own life for sure. You'd be hard-pressed to get a word
in edge wise----which, in personal relationships, was probably challenging as fuck.

Back