Hagar Anthony VH song on Stern -Satch using modeler

TALK about old acts..

Hot damn. I love Lou Gramm and Foreigner. I only watched Cold as Ice, and it sounded like the drunkest karaoke. Totally off pitch and just terrible. He has enough money to retire.

I'm gonna go listen to him singing on Lost In The Shadows from The Lost Boys Soundtrack to get the taste of that shit out of my mouth.

Hot damn. I love Lou Gramm and Foreigner. I only watched Cold as Ice, and it sounded like the drunkest karaoke. Totally off pitch and just terrible. He has enough money to retire.

I'm gonna go listen to him singing on Lost In The Shadows from The Lost Boys Soundtrack to get the taste of that shit out of my mouth.
Go watch some recent Foreigner videos with Kelly Hansen (who's been singing with them for years) - he nails the vocals!

He use to be in Hurricane with Robert Sarzo (Rudy's brother) on guitar and Tony Cavazo (Carlos' brother) on bass...

Go watch some recent Foreigner videos with Kelly Hansen (who's been singing with them for years) - he nails the vocals!

He use to be in Hurricane with Robert Sarzo (Rudy's brother) on guitar and Tony Cavazo (Carlos' brother) on bass...

Thanks for that recommendation. I just listened to I Want To Know What Love Is, and that was cool. His voice has a smoothness to it, for lack of a better term. He sounds like he has excellent technique and great chops. I definitely want to hear more of his stuff. I'll give Hurricane a try.

I think dlr fit the group wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. He was a showman and over the top like musicians were back in that time. Hager is like rik derringer to me from back in the day: good musicians but not unique showmen. DLr could be steve martins brother now and last i heard he was doing vegas. sad. But with this new gig hager is a better fit for sure as eddie and his bro arent involved.

I wonder if we're about 5 years apart because 1984 was pre teen age years to me and while I certainly did get into a few of those songs I was the "right age" when 0U812 came out and that's what really got me into them sending me backwards discovering the Roth stuff. So for me rather than Hagger being the new guy, he was the guy and Roth was the old guy. Given the post VH shtick, Roth just seemed like a bit of a joke compared to Haggar who just seemed so much more grounded and into the music.

I wonder if we're about 5 years apart because 1984 was pre teen age years to me and while I certainly did get into a few of those songs I was the "right age" when 0U812 came out and that's what really got me into them sending me backwards discovering the Roth stuff. So for me rather than Hagger being the new guy, he was the guy and Roth was the old guy. Given the post VH shtick, Roth just seemed like a bit of a joke compared to Haggar who just seemed so much more grounded and into the music.
i see what you mean. DLR was always a showman-clownish type loudmouthed frontman to offset eddies meekness and mellow persona. it was a balanced act. Hager is better for this new act because eddies not there to me. I was not thrilled with hagar with vh..but thats just me... HAGar is a rocker for sure

DLR being a piece of shit

yea roth is a pompus jerk..But thats how HE ALWAYS WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE.Like many people i know..narsasistic cemter of attention kinda guys(and gals)

I was always under the impression that pickups played a huge role in getting those harmonics Joe's talking about to pop out. :unsure:

There's an Extreme album, aptly titled, Three Sides To Every Story.
Just sayin'...

It totally comes off as an asshole rant, too. “I got some hot chicks that work for the band’s accounting firm and put them on the side of the stage like I do all my groupies, only to see them whisked away because Wolfie. Oh, and they had the checks that were to go to the band and crew”

There’s so many things to pick apart in just that. It was probably the band’s manager trying to prevent a sexual harassment/hostile work environment issue from popping up. And I doubt Eddie and Co were waiting with their hands out for some checks. As if most guys out on the road prefer taking a paper check instead of utilizing technology these days, that must have been rough for them.

Man, Eddie in the Great Beyond probably wishes he would have murdered DLR a loooooooooooooong time ago. Just sayin''.

What a toxic narcissist. :facepalm

There's an Extreme album, aptly titled, Three Sides To Every Story.
Just sayin'...
Cool (unintended?) Gary Cherone reference?
IMG_7439.jpeg

It totally comes off as an asshole rant, too. “I got some hot chicks that work for the band’s accounting firm and put them on the side of the stage like I do all my groupies, only to see them whisked away because Wolfie. Oh, and they had the checks that were to go to the band and crew”

There’s so many things to pick apart in just that. It was probably the band’s manager trying to prevent a sexual harassment/hostile work environment issue from popping up. And I doubt Eddie and Co were waiting with their hands out for some checks. As if most guys out on the road prefer taking a paper check instead of utilizing technology these days, that must have been rough for them.

Whole thing bums me out, but who knows what the real story is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, I just kept cringing at him saying "these dames," like it's 1943. :rofl

Humphrey Bogart Baby GIF by Warner Archive

Back