Hagar Anthony VH song on Stern -Satch using modeler

Joe Perry: “Gibson and Fender are now making guitars that are as good as the ones they made when they were first invented​

Huh?

Joe Perry: “Gibson and Fender are now making guitars that are as good as the ones they made when they were first invented​

IMG_2088.gif

Joe Perry: “Gibson and Fender are now making guitars that are as good as the ones they made when they were first invented

Clearly not all of them are but yes, there are some great examples of recent offerings with excellent build quality.

I couldn't be happier with my American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS QMT. I've said from day one that the build quality was as good as any boutique Strat, let alone any vintage Strat.

In fact, I'd rather play this than any '50s Strat out there. It has all of the traditional Strat tones plus more bottom end and the best Jazz tone of any Strat I've ever played.

51225507396_4e045d0775_k.jpg

Clearly not all of them are but yes, there are some great examples of recent offerings with excellent build quality.

I couldn't be happier with my American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS QMT. I've said from day one that the build quality was as good as any boutique Strat, let alone any vintage Strat.

In fact, I'd rather play this than any '50s Strat out there. It has all of the traditional Strat tones plus more bottom end and the best Jazz tone of any Strat I've ever played.

51225507396_4e045d0775_k.jpg

On top of that, it's freaking gorgeous!

I've been watching a lot of the recent live shows posted on Youtube and I'll say this -- Satch is putting on a friggin' clinic, he's in top form. Maybe playing EVH riffs put some extra fire in his approach but he's going after it big time and nailing it, yet still staying uniquely himself. It makes me happy. He's playing better than ever and he just turned 68! Inspiring.

I've been watching a lot of the recent live shows posted on Youtube and I'll say this -- Satch is putting on a friggin' clinic, he's in top form. Maybe playing EVH riffs put some extra fire in his approach but he's going after it big time and nailing it, yet still staying uniquely himself. It makes me happy. He's playing better than ever and he just turned 68! Inspiring.
I mean he just came off his own solo tour followed directly by the Satch/Vai tour and right into this, so I'm sure he is firing on all cylinders ;)

I've seen Joe live about 6 or 7 times, VH only once, but the way Joe is playing now is the best I've seen him in a long time -- and he's just warming up on this tour. And this is what I'm hearing through substandard Youtube clips too lol. He's always ON, but he's kicked it up a notch. Maybe he has something he feels he needs to prove (not to me)? But the way he played Satch Boogie in Virginia the other night (among others) was :chef. Just my opinion and vibe I'm hearing through crappy youtube clips. :rofl

Back