Gibson Victory

Voilà!
In View, a humble Vaudevillian Veteran, cast Vicariously as both Victim and Villain by the Vicissitudes of fate.
This Visage, no mere Veneer of Vanity, is a Vestige of the Vox populi, now Vacant, Vanished.
However, this Valorous Visitation of a bygone Vexation stands Vivified, and has Vowed to Vanquish these Venal and Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice and Vouchsafing the Violently Vicious and Voracious Violation of Volition.

The only Verdict is Vengeance;
a Vendetta held as a Votive, not in Vain, for the Value and Veracity of such shall one day Vindicate the Vigilant and the Virtuous.

Verily, this Vichyssoise of Verbiage Veers most Verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me
V

Um
Uh
1726005450167.png

Voilà!
In View, a humble Vaudevillian Veteran, cast Vicariously as both Victim and Villain by the Vicissitudes of fate.
This Visage, no mere Veneer of Vanity, is a Vestige of the Vox populi, now Vacant, Vanished.
However, this Valorous Visitation of a bygone Vexation stands Vivified, and has Vowed to Vanquish these Venal and Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice and Vouchsafing the Violently Vicious and Voracious Violation of Volition.

The only Verdict is Vengeance;
a Vendetta held as a Votive, not in Vain, for the Value and Veracity of such shall one day Vindicate the Vigilant and the Virtuous.

Verily, this Vichyssoise of Verbiage Veers most Verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me
V
Vhat?? :wat

View attachment 28243
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Price is decent though; starts at $1999.

Original headstock was better imho, the explorer one is a bit too big.

Overall is not a bad looking guitar to be honest but I have no interest in this model.

What I don't fully understand of Gibson is why don't they put out a new design (even if inspired by an old one) instead of reissuing obscure models few knew existed.

I get that boomers/collectors markets is a thing, I understand that,

Nonetheless I'd love so see brand new Gibson.

Hm.

“Created in response to player requests for the return of this ’80s-era cult favorite”

Where do we find all those player requests? Or is that just a typo and they meant "in response to a player request"?

Hm.

“Created in response to player requests for the return of this ’80s-era cult favorite”

Where do we find all those player requests? Or is that just a typo and they meant "in response to a player request"?

Don't know where those requests come from but we have to admit that Gibson usually knows what sells and what not.
Every time they put out some new stuff, even if hyper-expensive, it goes sold out in not time.

Let's not forget a recent bankruptcy and numerous other bad decisions over the years ....come on ...it's just a Brand....if you want a real Gibson ...buy a Heritage! Made in the same old Kalamazoo factory!

Headstock is ok. It's the upper horn, lower horn, TOM, pickguard and fret dots that are the abomination.
...and the forearm bevel... and the pickguard... and well basically the entire guitar. Cut the headstock off and put it on almost anything else and it's fine.

Back