FX Loop noisy...

megametal7

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Hey gang,

Today i used first time fx loop on this amp and it was noisy.... everything seems to work but its too noisy.... It has button at the back for level but made not much of a difference..

on my other DSL its fine, i activate it with foot switch on/off , for jcm2000 i dont have that option for foot switch... on DSL 100hr you have to activate fx loop with switch and on JCM200 you dont... its bit strange...

so, my question is, why fx loop so noisy? I only have delay and chorus in the loop.

thanks in advance.

R

What about without the delay, using a single patch cable with one side into send and the other into the return?

If it is noisy when patching directly (without any fx) the problem is in the amp effects loop circuit. If it is quiet patching directly, but noisy when you plug the delay into the loop, the issue is probably with the delay.

What about without the delay, using a single patch cable with one side into send and the other into the return?

If it is noisy when patching directly (without any fx) the problem is in the amp effects loop circuit. If it is quiet patching directly, but noisy when you plug the delay into the loop, the issue is probably with the delay.
ill give it a go and report tomorrow :)

Are all devices on the same circuit? How are you powering the pedals in the loop?
voodoo lab power supply, there is chorus there and boost but they were off...

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-12 at 20.15.20.jpeg

Right, i connected fx loop without pedals and it was really loud noise..... i didnt have guitar connected took it of from STD by switch and it was noise.... connected all pedals and it added slight ham....
now it seems fine but amp is humming without me playing and guitar vol off... Button at the back made popping noise when pressed but after that it went away....

I guess im stuck with this hum .....

very strange...

Isn't this the JCM2000 you got for a ridiculously low price? Might be why...

Isn't this the JCM2000 you got for a ridiculously low price? Might be why...
I wouldn't call it cheap it was £500.00 , thats what they go for here...

after good few hours it seems fine and hum gets low.... :)

Ill have it looked by my bassist mate , he repairs amps... once im done paying debts.... :crazy

I wouldn't call it cheap it was £500.00 , thats what they go for here...

after good few hours it seems fine and hum gets low.... :)

Ill have it looked by my bassist mate , he repairs amps... once im done paying debts.... :crazy
So, it’s probably the lead guitar player’s fault.

Back