Friedman Guitars

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Grover Jackson was only involved with the originals......not the other two.

If you think about it that's all Fender's pretty much ever done.
1 person cuts 1,000 necks, someone else 1,000 bodies, etc. etc.
Then the individual parts are put into stock until someone pulls a KIT/lot/batch of 250 sets to bolt together as one model or another.
Well but their mass produced stuff clocks in at bellow 2k

I think the split with Grover was fairly recent, last year or so. He talked about it on ToneTalk but I don't remember any details.

The headstock…can’t be unseen

cLaKkrhbQr4vcNVfmqKnFF-970-80.png

Bigsby Headstock Variant #4,623

Bigsby Headstock Variant #001

bigsby-vs-fender-headstock.png

Last edited:
I had a Jackson-era Friedman Vintage T and it was an amazing guitar. Very nice feel and playability with a great sound and crazy amounts of sustain. Pickups were killer, too.

I got it used for a good price. I would’ve paid more, but probably not what they go for new. Sold it because trems and and 25” scale are not really my thing except on Strats.

Loved the looks, though. I had the black pickguard put on (original was white.)

IMG_0425_Original.jpeg

Spent a $hit ton of dough on it and liked the feel but sent it back to be checked out due to lack of tuning stability and it returned still wacked. Ended my 30 plus years use of Floyds and have zero interest in the guitar line any longer

Last edited:
They are cool guitars but out of my price range. I have a pair of his PAF's and they are pretty good, although nothing mind blowing. They are out of the guitar and in my "to sell someday" pile.

I scratched my "really awesome Superstrat" itch with the Ibanez AZ. MIJ with stainless frets and Gotoh hardware for under $2k used. If I were going the "super high end" route it would be a Suhr.

Back